Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to North Carolina In A Shelby

Well here it goes :) , wednesday i purchased an engine block from one of the guys here ( robs87t ) so instead of the normal ok ship-it!, I thought ROAD TRIP! so i called up a buddy and told him of my idea he was like :headbang: , so i thought my 05 navigator will consume way to much gas and it'll put us both to sleep, ( the dang truck is too comfortable :yup: )
so i figure, i'll just go to hertz and rent a -v6- jeep but when i walked thru the doors i knew that plan just went to $hit when i saw what was sitting in the showroom f loor, I looked over and saw a 06 Shelby mustang :eek2: which looked really, really nice ( look for yourself ) i tell ya this was the first mustang i ever drove, and i tell ya the car ROCKS!! it got what feels like 500 hp i rented it with only 200 miles on it :yup: , it now has over 1800 i know the manager is going to be :rant: about the miles but it's free miles anyway :) ,

guys, the car rental is $130 a day with a reservation without it it's $240 but NOW HEAR THIS if you have a capital one credit card you get 43%off , the clerks could'nt even believe the rate, the car rides and performs like a dream i never thought much about mustangs but this car I WOULD BUY, i love the way the mufflers sound, an awesome auto ford guys, well done.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
glad ya didn't wreck it :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ouch! grumpy how did that happen? did it happen to you or is it just a pick :dunno:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
this was one of the first guys that rented a Shelby H car :yup: ummm there was a Shelby GT500 at NED friday night :rolleyes: didn't run to well :( ..

·
Registered
13,053 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Grumpy said:
you r right .... maybe he hasn't been in anything that fast before :dunno: :D :sw:

I just drove back from Orlando Fla. yesterday and had to do it in a rental. I tried to rent the Shelby rental but the ones they had were all booked plus they woundn't do a one way rental to NC anyway. :( Did it in a nice comfortable Buick Lesabre averaged about 25 miles per gallons running about 80mph. :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
yeah the herts cars are 325 or so, low 13s. Pretty cool cars for sure. I am hoping to see a new GT500 at the track soon, i still have yet to see one on the road even.

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
JDSfastGN said:
yeah the herts cars are 325 or so, low 13s. Pretty cool cars for sure. I am hoping to see a new GT500 at the track soon, i still have yet to see one on the road even.

ummmm we had a new GT500 at our track friday night .. high 13s :rolleyes: driver was babyin it :dunno: WTF !!! If your goin to race it then RACE IT !! :rant: :cheers:

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
The Hertz cars are basically stripe and wheel packages with a different exhaust, otherwise its just a standard fair Mustang GT. Although still they aren't a bad car at all.

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Grumpy said:
ummmm we had a new GT500 at our track friday night .. high 13s :rolleyes: driver was babyin it :dunno: WTF !!! If your goin to race it then RACE IT !! :rant: :cheers:
It was a GT with stripes, not a GT500. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
TTA89 said:
It was a GT with stripes, not a GT500. :rolleyes:

hahahaha...really ??? I didn't even bother to go down and look at it ... it did have side scoops and rear spoiler to :dunno: :yup:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just found out that once the car reach's 18k miles hertz will auction them off :yup: might not be a bad buy? of course that is unless i buy another buick :)

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
sr-71 said:
just found out that once the car reach's 18k miles hertz will auction them off :yup: might not be a bad buy? of course that is unless i buy another buick :)
To hell with all the falderol (Zap's version of Hadicol), tell us about the block! Is it really a Stage 1 block? Does it have all the holes drilled? Does it have Smokey's autograph on it? :)

Anyone can buy a Ferd, but, not everyone has a good block these days! :cheers:

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Yeah there are a lot of body kits out there these days.

Grumpy said:
hahahaha...really ??? I didn't even bother to go down and look at it ... it did have side scoops and rear spoiler to :dunno: :yup:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
looks good

Steve Wood said:
To hell with all the falderol (Zap's version of Hadicol), tell us about the block! Is it really a Stage 1 block? Does it have all the holes drilled? Does it have Smokey's autograph on it? :)

Anyone can buy a Ferd, but, not everyone has a good block these days! :cheers:
hay steve, it does have all the holes, i just dropped it of today at my mechanics (freddy) he's ordering all the good stuff for it, and he's having it tanked, it looks to me like the block was never used i will take pictures of it when i go back on thursday( should have done it today) it's an awesome block and looks like it was never used? i'll ask,

but so far so good :cheers:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Good! Sounds like you die well! :cheers: :)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Now this is nice

well after dropping of my block at the shop, i noticed this really nice 109 block with GN1 Alum-heads, TE-45c and a couple of other goodies, you'll have to excuse the poor picture quality, i also took a couple of pics of a cobra attack helicopter with the rental.

Attachments

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Steve Wood said:
Good! Sounds like you die well! :cheers: :)
I hope he won't "die" well! How could you say such a thing Steve? :crazy:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:LOL:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts