Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of what those guys are going to do now. I can see a a few things in the future for them. hopefully they get out and are happy on the mustang sites.
Mark M =T6pee

Attachments

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Man I remember my Big Wheel back in 1970-72 respectively it was Boss and besides the manual brakes with the foot pedals I was big on using the hand brake.

The only bad part about the early Big Wheels was that the front wheel was hollow so when the plastic wore down you had a hole in the front wheel and the Big Wheel was never really the same again.

Mark, not sure where you are from but we are having a BBQ at my place Saturday and I have a feeling your kind of sense of humor would fit right in.

PM me if you can make it and need directions.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Mark, ya sound like a troll- just looking to stir up crap for real reason. This thread will probably go the way of the other one- a whole bunch of bad blood built up over stupid comments.

Result? Animosity in an already small community, and factions of people with a common love sniping at each other. Put away your trollish ways, and add to the information base; don't waste bandwidth instigating crap.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
socalgn said:
Mark, ya sound like a troll- just looking to stir up crap for real reason. This thread will probably go the way of the other one- a whole bunch of bad blood built up over stupid comments.

Result? Animosity in an already small community, and factions of people with a common love sniping at each other. Put away your trollish ways, and add to the information base; don't waste bandwidth instigating crap.

Well socal, i have a idea, you can skip this thread and go to the next. it's ok for someone else to post it but cause i'm a newbie i'm a troll. makes sense to me.

skip it and read something else.

thanks

·
It's the goFUR
1,757 Posts
I'd like to meet you at the "Save Homer's Car" BBQ.

Art.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
socalgn said:

I don't think Mark is a troll. He started an introductory thread a few days ago stating his dislike for the other board and wants to make a new home here. I'm sure over time things will quiet down. Since many here don't post on T6P it would be a great service if you get the trolls and members over there to quiet down too. :sw:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Racer X said:
*If* he (T6Pee) is looking for a new home and is not a troll, then why did he select the screen name that he did? :dunno:
I was hoping somebody would notice the obvious.

The only posts I've made (on both boards) regarding the ongoing crap has been "stop the crap, and move on". Not trying to stir up crap here, either, but I call a spade a spade- T6Pee has been registered for a total of 2 weeks, and has done nothing but stir **** up. Why?

Been registered on this board for a few years, and I've never seen such sniping.

Let the opinions fly- but beware the trolls.

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
Buicksx2 said:
Man I remember my Big Wheel back in 1970-72 respectively it was Boss and besides the manual brakes with the foot pedals I was big on using the hand brake.

The only bad part about the early Big Wheels was that the front wheel was hollow so when the plastic wore down you had a hole in the front wheel and the Big Wheel was never really the same again.
My 3 year old son just got an "original" Big Wheel...he loves it on my driveway...but it does not have the hand brake...no 180's for him

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Here's the one I had....Sweet ride it was.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yea, I feel your pain on the front wheel, wouldn't last long with no tracton. The other flaw happened when you road it like we did. We would take the seat out and put our foot on the back and push off with our feet. Once at speed we would jump on the back and land on our knees were the seat was. Over time you would crack the frame and bottom out. :headbang:

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
ULYCYC said:
When I was a kid there was no ToyR Us to buy fancy rides like that. I had to make my own. :sw:

>>> Ed,

May I say that is one sweet ride also.

·
I piss excellence!!!
1,883 Posts
I know I dont compete with you guys in regards to old toys. but this is from the late 70's early 80's that I actually used to ride on :D

Infact i am now bidding on this so that i can store it away

·
Save me from myself!
3,115 Posts
Here is the perfect thing for you guys..

It's the adult sized big wheel! Avaliable from these people: http://www.bigwheelrally.com/store/adult.htm

I had a Dukes of Hazzard big wheel! This isn't me, but check it out! Its exactly like the one I had! Even had the hand brake in plain view!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Sweet, bishir! I've been trying to get a pic of one of those forever! Now I'll be set as soon as I can find a pic of the other Big Wheel I had: The Knight Rider one! :headbang:

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
As an adult, the great thing about bigwheels was confiscating them from the kids and poking holes in the wheel with a hot soldering iron, rendering the noisy damned things useless! :headbang:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts