Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, when i start the car after its been sitting for a few hours or overnite and pull it out and put it in drive and give it gas it stumbles, hesitates and finally starts going. it does not matter how much or how little gas you give it it still does it. when i get out on the road and put it to the floor it stops from there on out and doesnt do it again unless it sits for a few hours or overnite. around the neighborhood though, i can give it full throttle for like a second or 2 and it wont really start going until then. it makes a kind of like a popping/rattling in a hollow pipe sort of sound. anyone know what this could be or why it does this?

[This message has been edited by turbo buick (edited June 02, 2002).]

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'll be interested too for responses. This one has gone around, but no definite answers. My car does the same thing. It was really bad before I installed the Red Armstrong chip. I'd say it cleared up 75% of my cold start stumble. I have checked for vac leaks and the EGR valve, but all is good. I have also noticed that if I crank the car and turn on the AC, I have no stumble at all. There must be something that the computer can control to stop this.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I found that when I switch to a heated O2 sensor years ago that problem went away.It goes into closed loop faster. It may or may not cure your problem. But a lazy O2 sensor, sticky injector, To low or high fuel pressure, Maf sensor, IAC and Tps out of adjustment all can cause it too.

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, [email protected] boost.10's soon
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
349 Posts
My T has been doing exactly the same thing lately. After being parked for a while, it stumbles and/or hesitates for a few seconds until it gets going. I've also noticed that sometimes at a light, the car will shudder a bit. I'm pretty sure the maf is on it's last legs.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Same here. I was thinking a ECM on the blink. My stumble at idle is not with every start up. It will come and go.

------------------
86 GN 11.0's
87 T Daily driver
87 T Drag Car under
construction

[This message has been edited by Chris Taylor (edited June 03, 2002).]

·
Registered
156 Posts
ttt

------------------
86 GN 11.0's
87 T Daily driver
87 T Drag Car under
construction

·
General Useless POS
1,801 Posts
Originally posted by ULYCYC:
I found that when I switch to a heated O2 sensor years ago that problem went away.It goes into closed loop faster. It may or may not cure your problem. But a lazy O2 sensor, sticky injector, To low or high fuel pressure, Maf sensor, IAC and Tps out of adjustment all can cause it too.

Sorry Ed, these are parameters in the chip. Stock is something like wait 50 seconds after reaching 60*. The O2 has nothing to do with it. ALTHOUGH, a heated O2 will be more ACCURATE if the car goes into closed loop early as it will warm up faster.

I think this guy has a dirty/leaking injector or 2.

------------------

Jim Testa
1986 Regal T-Type
Stock block w/girdle, stock rods, TRW's, JE pins, 214/210 roller, TurboMotion port/polished heads w/1.77-1.50 valves, T&D roller rockers, Champ intake w/o EGR, PTE plenum, Accufab 70mm TB, MSD50's, TE61, PTE front mount, SMC alcohol inj, JT trans, 3000 vigilante, stock rear w/Hotchkiss arms, and kick ass tunes..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts