1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Wish I had one at LVD. Another world up there.

Head wind didn't help either.

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
back in my GP roadracing days we used a pretty cheap air density gauge. it's made my kinsler fuel injection and i think it cost about 150 clams.

earl

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Englishtown prints the weather info on every timeslip

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, [email protected] boost.10's soon
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
you can get a digital wx station with pressure and temperature for less than a $100. That and a calculator will give you the answers.

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
i can't remember all the stuff, but no, they're not the same. relative air density takes into account for humidity too. and something about wet bulb .vs dry humidity or something or another.
i'd have to did out my race notes to see what all it involved. i do remember that around a 3% change on the gauge would normally need a jet change.
i guess i'm lazy now, i've never rejetted my GN

earl

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
That is the one I own. I bought it online for about $65 about a year and a half ago...I can't remember the name of the place.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I think density altitude is more used for pilots.

I don't know where the directions are, at the moment, for my station, but...

You have two options...one is to read barometric pressure and the other is to read the apparent elevation of your location.

Normally, barometric pressure is normalized to sea level so elevation is taken out of the equation. Actual readings, uncorrected, take in account the elevation factor as well as the weather pattern variability factor.

If you set the thing to read pressure, and you know the actual elevation of the place, plus use humidity and temperature, you can calculate air density.

I have been looking for the formula but have not found it...

This will calculate it for you, tho'
www.nightrider.com/biketech/calc_airdensity.htm

The trick is to know what to do once you have the number

As I recall, humidity is not the major factor...temperature and recorded pressure are, however.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts