Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kinda wax are you using. i know black magic has a new wax out called titanim. i was also thinking tech wax..

·
NOW AVAILABLE ON DVD
2,284 Posts
Been thinking about trying the new Turtle Wax ICE. I have heard nothing but good about it for dark colored vehicles.

·
It's supposed to do that
442 Posts
Ice seems to be working pretty good down here in FL. so far. Easiest stuff I've ever used. Goes a long way too. Even made my Bonneville look better and that paint job is way gone.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my friends love zaino! but for me its too much work. does the ice leave a residue?

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
Zaino. What's hard about it? Put it on and take it off :confused: Being Synthetic it can be put on in the Sun.... easy as pie removal and even if you get it in cracks it doesn't show when dry.

·
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
490 Posts
I too have heard (and seen) great things about Zaino,..friend of mine has it on his GN(Turk)and looks great.

I have been using Zymol, not the "store bought" stuff but the product you order directly from them. Love it. Very easy to use, some of their waxes/glazes is literally hand applied,the carnauba is so pure you have to melt it in the heat of your hand as you apply. Zymol is very much into the whole "Concours" thing,...so I guess maybe that's why the price is lofty :dunno:

:cheers:

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CallMeMud said:
Zaino. What's hard about it? Put it on and take it off :confused: Being Synthetic it can be put on in the Sun.... easy as pie removal and even if you get it in cracks it doesn't show when dry.
it takes a whole day to do it.

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
3M imperial hand glaze 05990 has been around for years and still works on show/limited mileage cars...Presta Fast Wax easy to apply and remove....for long term Presta Best Wax for daily driver...spot up keep Wizards Mist-N-Shine.....picking a car wax is almost as bad as which engine oil to use...everyone has an opinion

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Another great thread.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Dry Wash and Guard (DWG) is the best I have used. Here are a few pictures of my car I shined up this weekend. The one picture of my reflection is actually a picture of the drivers door! :cheers:

Attachments

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mike where do you get your wax?

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
just remember the paint has to be in great shape in order for any wax to to work well...you can achieve a deep finish by wet sanding and polishing but a wax will protect it....Hey mike you are a handsome devil and I think I can see right up your shorts :eek!: :D

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my paint sucks on both my cars :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts