Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
arkansasfiddler
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my water temp gauge is getting its reading off the drivers side of the block . am wondering how the temp it reads corresponds to the factory water temp senders input. figure i need a new rad anyway, where is the best place to get one? postons etc. has new ones for $259. believe me.............i had rather have a digital prostate exam than change another -----thermo. forget trying to stuff the "o" ring (thats the size of a shipley donut) that comes with the billet water neck into the housing without destruction.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
If your end tanks are good just recore your original rad. Arizona GN has some nice aluminum with fittings for 2x the cost as well.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
arkansasfiddler said:
my water temp gauge is getting its reading off the drivers side of the block . am wondering how the temp it reads corresponds to the factory water temp senders input. figure i need a new rad anyway, where is the best place to get one? postons etc. has new ones for $259. believe me.............i had rather have a digital prostate exam than change another -----thermo. forget trying to stuff the "o" ring (thats the size of a shipley donut) that comes with the billet water neck into the housing without destruction.
You want it as close to the thermostat as possible.
Reading one side of the block can cause issues, when things are going wrong.

Do a few rotary engine overhauls, and then the thermostat replacement, seems like a piece of heaven....
Or a carb overhaul on a RX3-SP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts