Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I did an oil and spark plug change yesterday. It's a pretty hot day, but not that hot. Usually my water temp gauge runs between 160 and 180. after an hour of so of driving around. I looked down and it read 210! I never saw it that hot before. Maybe the oil is too thin? I bought 30 weight bcause they didn't have 40 and figured I'd see what 30 was like, but crap! Also, (now this is a rookie question) is the lower radiator hose supposed to be different inside than the upper one? My lower one seems to have lumps within it as if they were supposed to be there. Upper hose does not.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
If your fan isn't turning on properly for low speed operation the car will run pretty much at 210 degrees.

At least my GN did 2 years ago when I bought it and the low speed relay was toast.

Just make sure the low speed fan comes on at least by 180 degrees temp.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
spring inside the hose to keep it from being sucked together when the pump draws thru it.

check your fan as suggested above to be sure it is on at lower temps...160 or so is where most aftermarket chips command low speed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Oil weight will have minimal effect on engine temp unless you use something that you shouldn't. Should probably use 10w-30 unless the car is always in a warm place at start-up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts