Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the head gasket and a piston that was eroded in my ttype. It ran before I tore into it but had a dead miss in one cylinder because it blew into the lifter galley. but not the water jacket. so there was no oil or water mixed. I didnt replace the intake gasket and didnt put sealer on one side because I didnt take the intake off all the way. now it has antifreeze driping onto the driveway from the side of the engine that I didnt put sealer on the intake gasket, and the oil has water in it. its white. could the intake gasket be leaking internally and externally causing this? its leaking on the back of the engine on the drivers side, where a water passage is in the intake. PLEASE HELP ME OUT>

------------------
1970 Seamist Green GS350
1984 Black T Type with 87 intercooled engine
Trying to get it running!

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Pull Intake, replace gasket, use silicon around ports.

Pull oil pan and clean it out. Blow out all oil lines, especially oil cooler. Put back together and fill with junk oil. Run for a few minutes, change oil. Check for water in oil.

This is what I would do.

I learned the hard way that there is at least 1 quart of "milkshake" left in the oil pan once you drain it. Don't skip taking the pan off.

Hope that helps. Did I foget anything?

------------------
Email Address: mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, Stock CAM, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3750# with Driver
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim
11.92 @ 111.77 Race Ready

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so you do think I am right about the intake gasket being at fault here? this is what I think it is. I just removed the oil pan and dont realy want to do it again. do you think I could just flush it out with old oil a couple of times? thanks a bunch

------------------
1970 Seamist Green GS350
1984 Black T Type with 87 intercooled engine
Trying to get it running!

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
so you do think I am right about the intake gasket being at fault here?
Sounds like it.

I just removed the oil pan and dont realy want to do it again. do you think I could just flush it out with old oil a couple of times?
Do what you want. I have been there and done that with my car. I replaced headgaskets, put the motor back together, and filled it up with new oil. I thought for sure ALL of the water would either be evaporated or drained out, since I had the oil drain plug out for weeks. I started it, and milkshake started pumping out of the pushrods. I let it run for 5 minutes or so, until I couldn't take the horrible metal on metal squeaking noise (rockershafts). I then proceeded to change the oil again. Same thing. So, I took the pan off, blew out all the lines, and couldn't believe the amount of water that came out, even after changing the oil twice.

It's up to you, but I would pull the pan no matter what. Maybe someone else knows of an easier way.

------------------
Email Address: mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, Stock CAM, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3750# with Driver
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim
11.92 @ 111.77 Race Ready

·
Registered
204 Posts
Originally posted by Orlando_87GN:
I learned the hard way that there is at least 1 quart of "milkshake" left in the oil pan once you drain it. Don't skip taking the pan off.
You can "skip" taking the pan off next time if you weld a "nut" for the drain plug on the outside of the pan. All the oil will drain then. Good idea even if you are not blowing head gaskets!

------------------
Nick Micale
3334 W. Marconi Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85053
602-866-9908

1 - 5 of 5 Posts