Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took mine out. I'm going to make it adjustable or attempt to

My question is...Can I still drive without it? I may need to, because my pickup is not cooperating lately

------------------
~Sir Tomas of Grand Nationalia~
======Slayer of Rice======
*** www.shadowgallery.com ***

·
Registered
132 Posts
You should be able to I have but you won't build any boost.

------------------
87 Turbo T WE4 TE 44
868 Injectors, 3"Down Pipe, Poston Headers and Cross Over Pipe, 2.5" Dual Exhaust, SMC Alcky Kit, 204 204 Cam, Scan Tool, Thraher 92 Chip, Reds 93 Chip, and Casper Thumb Wheel Chip
http://shanebuickwe4.homestead.com/shanewe4.html

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that vote of confidence. If it drives like a normal V6 so be it.

------------------

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hey thomas if ya run into trouble i may still have my old adjustable one here.
if your intersted.
dave

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by shmed:
Hey thomas if ya run into trouble i may still have my old adjustable one here.
if your intersted.
dave
No offense, but SCHLODES promised me a "testpipe" the same way and back out the last minute.

Thanks for the offer, though

------------------

·
Registered
39 Posts
kenne bell has the best kit in my opinion to make your wastegate adjustable for a small fee of under $10. There is no need to make threads after you cut with the KB kit.

------------------
Joe Tripodi 87 Limited-T 12.29 on street [email protected] 1.73 60' Stock motor, stock tranny, stock turbo, stock injectors, modified neck stock intercooler, 62mm TB, ATR 7th injector, Dual Deadhead Alcohol injection, 3" DP with dump, southside lift bars, 2800 stall convertor, Hot wired Walbro 307. MaxEffort 8 position custom thumbwheel with: fuel out, MAF lock, knock nozzle enable, and variable timing 18,20,22,24,26,28,34 degrees.
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
Tel.716-422-9678 8:30am-4:30pm EST
Methanol/Alcohol Regulated & DeadHead Injection System Kits and Parts.
http://www.servtech.com/~racerx

·
Registered
74 Posts
Or maybe you should look into getting a grainger valve, and controlling boost "tuner style".

I think someone on the other board is making and selling the grainger valve cheap...

....Mike

·
General Useless POS
1,801 Posts
Originally posted by azgn:
uuuummmm, you still need an adjustable WG to set your max boost.....

Woody
86GN ([email protected])
Makine the actuator adjustible doesnt really raise boost, all it does is preloads the spring more/less. The spring is still 12# sttrencth so the gate will move at that PSI give or take a couple PSI. The correct way is a regulator or bleeder so the 12psi isnt aplied till the car is making 20psi or whatever you have set. Its not a waste of time, you will be able to adjust 1-2 psi, but its not really the right way to do it. When you get real tight on the spring, you'll have a boost spike, make it loose and slow spool will be the result.

------------------

Jim Testa
1986 Regal T-Type
Stock block, Turbomotion ported heads, PTE 210 roller cam, GNT ported intake, PTE Plenum, 70mm TB, PTE FM IC, MSD 50's, TE61, TPS-TEC, JT Chip, JT 200R4, Vigilante 2800 LU convertor, JT Boxed lower arms, working on girlde....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts