Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, i've been asking at thirdgen.org about build a non-turbo buick 3.8 into a trubo 3.8 and putting it in my firebird (orginaly a 2.8 V6 to 355V8 conversion but ditched that idea as gas kept going up, but I already have 90% of the V8 stuff)

Any ways, I'm looking to get potentially 300 WHP and decent milage I wanna have just a fun comuter car with good highway milage (I drive about 25 hiway miles one way 2 times a day)

I'm not looking to go show winning clone status, I just want the TTA drive train (and not nessisarly exactly the same, different turbo, cam, ect)

Main reason for the non-turbo foundation is because I can find those engines around here for under 400 bucks easy (I found one at like 250 but it was on a website and I havent called them yet)

Would a stock 200-r4 hold the power I want? and would I need a new drive shaft?

oh my bird is an 85 btw, 3.42 rear gears.

Thanks for any and all help

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
you will turn it into a $$$ pit .. TTA stuff isn't cheap.. personal opinion of course :sw:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what car project isnt ;)

I'm not nessiarily looking to make a clone, so much as I am just wanting to have a turbo 3.8 firebird

I found a 3.8 non-turbo engine for $250 (from an 85 Bonnie That wasent the year they went FWD was it?)

then I've also found a 200-4r for 250 (also one for 150)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
heyyyy

i was talking to you over at thirdgen.org

heres where you will find real facts

dont listen to grumpy though- hes just an old man with alot of toys and not alot of time left with us on this planet :sw:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
oh yeah and if you want i have a real LC2 109 block in the garage, im thinking going stage II now so i have the stock rods pistons and block and a cam sitting here. that would save you alot of money from the start, you dont want to use a NA block- it would cost you more in the long run. if you have AIM let me know my s/n is keepsake211

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
downloading AIM now. I used to have it along time ago, but the people I talked to all left and so I uninstalled it. I'll add you to my list once I set up a new account and get in touch with you, I'm verry interested in what you have :yup:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
sweet just let me know

·
Registered
13,053 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have a 89TTA wiring harness I'd be willing to sell--make offer

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Grumpy said:
you will turn it into a $$$ pit .. TTA stuff isn't cheap.. personal opinion of course :sw:
Hey I just saw a 40K mile, needing little work, perfect TTA sell on ebay for 5K.

:usa:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
Razor said:
Hey I just saw a 40K mile, needing little work, perfect TTA sell on ebay for 5K.

:usa:
that looked like a deal to me !!! :headbang: ohhhh wait a min .. auction ended early :dunno: :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what the going rate for a harness? My funds are limited to my bi-weekly paycheck, so I preaty much only have 150-200 every two weeks to spend on non-bill stuff. I'll have to either save up, or if you guys would be willing to take bi-weekly payments (i'd pay slightly more if you did, and wouldnt expect the product untill it was paid for in full.)

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
again before I would buy anything I would make up a list just for parts .. piecing together something like this isn't goin to be cheap :rolleyes: hmmm thinkin here ... what year did ya want to do this :dunno: :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
year complete or year of the car? :)

okay, so lets make a list

LC2 engine
TTA Wireing harness (I can splice and solder so I could use GN harness)
200-4r Trans
FWD heads (I wanna keep my AC)
ECM (probably aftermarket)
Posi (or somthing simmilar my car is an open diff)

I'm forgeting somthing... :dunno:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
DemonKnightDK said:
year complete or year of the car? :)

okay, so lets make a list

LC2 engine
TTA Wireing harness (I can splice and solder so I could use GN harness)
200-4r Trans
FWD heads (I wanna keep my AC)
ECM (probably aftermarket)
Posi (or somthing simmilar my car is an open diff)

I'm forgeting somthing... :dunno:

how about the TTA headers if your goin to use those heads ... motor mounts , tranny mount using a 200r4..oil cooler??... MAF sensor ..rest of the sensors... complete intake .. fuel pump and lines .. adds up fast !! :dunno: :yup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts