Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"High Boost" Plug Wires
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the turbo. What is the best way to get into the 10's? I am willing to go from bare block up. I would like some ideas on parts and upgrades. Pistons, cranks, rods, heads, ect. I know engines very well just new to the turbo engine and don't want to make mistakes when the build begins. Want to out run the mustangs and camaros in the neighborhood. Thanks for the help!!!!

·
"High Boost" Plug Wires
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Want to stay with pump gas. Engine is stock and money isn't a problem. Want something I can drive anytime and still run on the track on the weekends.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Its not only the engine, but transmission, rear end, suspension, etc.

Then to run 10's.. car needs a cage at most tracks..

On a bone stock car.. sell it and start with something highly modded. Buy a car from someone reputable for like 20K.. you'll be 20K ahead.

Since you said money isnt an issue.. buy a built car :usa: Then tweak on the built car.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Take a look at the "recipes" on GnTType.org, and the recipes on the web site for RJC Racing. And look at the descriptions of the cars on the home page of TurboBuick.com. You can see a list of mods for cars running as fast as you want to go- just pick the path that you feel like trying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts