Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Turbo Buick Tweaker
1,125 Posts
chicken :D

how tight has Jason gone with his?

from what I understand the alum heads dont have as bad of a problem as Iron heads

mine will be going back to 125# and I've been tempted to try and tap the block for 1/2" studs but to do so I'll have to drill the bolt holes bigger thru the heads too

but now that I'm basically detuning I'll just go back with the really tight 7/16 studs

you running stacked steels or just one?

I had more problems with stacked than with one they leaked so bad between cylinders I could blow one cylinder up and feel it blowing out the plug hole of the next cylinder and it was with rockers backed off so it wont going in theintake to get there

<small>[ August 09, 2003, 05:04 AM: Message edited by: REDS HOT AIR ]</small>

· Turbo Buick Tweaker
1,125 Posts
I'm not telling anyone to do it just saying I've been that tight and it worked

evertime I go in my motor for anything
I check my head and deck surface and dont have no puckered holes

as far as the retorque helping ..I have had them lift so bad sounded like I was popping pop corn under the hood and I tightened them up and kept on going

to be perfectly honest buick sucks to go fast with ...I think for now on if I want to go faster than 11.0 in a full weight car It will have a sb chebby in it wink

that would be why I'm detuning and going in my elcamino with it for a drive everyday and still perform well which is what it was designed for

Since money and time are not on my side right now my girdled 3.8 out of my ttype is getting fresh bearings and going in the el. till I can get a 4.1 built then at that time I'll either sell the 3.8 motor or put it back in the ttype with a 88 or so turbo and just go blow the heads thru the hood for fun and throw it in the trash when It explodes uzi powersix

· Turbo Buick Tweaker
1,125 Posts
I blew one so far ...looked like a smoke stack coming up my valve cover breather from the blowby

once they are tight enough they are tight enough no need to keep doing them unless you run 87 octane on a race chip and 25# of boost ..then you asking for it ..lol

· Turbo Buick Tweaker
1,125 Posts
CallMeMud:
When I get it back I am filling it with C-16 and headed to the track. It will either go or blow. If it blows I know what I have to do yup
take all the tools you'll need to tighten the heads up.

once you turn up the boost and they start leaking atleast you'll have to tools with ya to tighten then up
yup

<small>[ August 19, 2003, 03:42 AM: Message edited by: REDS HOT AIR ]</small>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.