Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on top of the whole unit I have black to ground on top, pink to pink inside to sender,
pink/white in top to gray inside to pump, black from pump to sender inside. Who is +? The walbro is marked on top + and -. So does the plus come from the sender or the pink/white that mine has gray connected to?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that was kind of the question, what color is the power lead, the +, I figured it out by looking at the hot wire kit. The pink/white wire is the + hot wire to the pump. thanks for chiming in so quick. back to the garage.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Whoa, Nelly!

On the original wiring,

Power was tan, ground was black, and the fuel level sender was Pink.

Now, I recall seeing more than one that had a white stripe on the power wire, I believe.

You will only have power on the tan wire for about two seconds if you turn the key to the "run" position. You can beat this by hooking a jumper from the fuel pump test lead under the hood to the 12volt terminal on the back of the alternator.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right you are....the wire is tan with a white strip not pink with white strip. Old eyes and dirty wire. It should run fine as is did before. It's all orginial wiring as I have had it since the beginning. I drained the tank with it wired like that today. The wires inside that were black and gray to the pump were from when I put in a pump years ago.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yeh I'm doing that too right now, nice plug and play Caspers. Billet regulator and a fp gauge.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts