Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well Someone just happend to post on another board. One buick guy saw it and let me know. The great thing was it was the fastest time of the night. Still need lots of work and my brother sugested shift light because gn trannys don't shift too good in 1-2nd. My 60ft was a 2.00 slow I know but slicks were rubbing really bad, Fixed that few days ago.

12.59 @113.4

Save the file first , its 2mb
Chris

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
volvoman said:
because gn trannys don't shift too good in 1-2nd.
GN tranny work just fine IF they are properly built :usa:

Good run... work on the 60.. you'll get there..

Also never run against a diesel on its exhuast side... if your motor inhales the diesel... its a bad thing for making power.. not an issue if you pull ahead first :yup:

:cheers:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gov

Razor said:
GN tranny work just fine IF they are properly built :usa:

Good run... work on the 60.. you'll get there..

Also never run against a diesel on its exhuast side... if your motor inhales the diesel... its a bad thing for making power.. not an issue if you pull ahead first :yup:

:cheers:
We did not mess with the gov or move to a higher stall. One problem is I am on a shoe string buget. Only spent about $400 on few hard parts and bands. That run was not leaing out the top end I will do that in a few weeks. I just put some heavy duty bilstiens in back in stead of the spongy stock ones. Got few other things to learn like TUNE TUNE TUNE.
:yup: I have seen that twin turbo truck run 11.7 before and he takes off at 24# It was sure fun though.

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
I noticed ya had an 8.8 in it for a rear .. any pics of the swap ??? :dunno: :cheers:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup

I am at work I will post a link since my internet service dumped all my pics so I have to up load some. I will post a link or I can just email you the link. :)

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
volvoman said:
I am at work I will post a link since my internet service dumped all my pics so I have to up load some. I will post a link or I can just email you the link. :)

mail me @ [email protected] :cheers:

·
Registered
955 Posts
Nice run... I was wondering when you were going to get into the 12's :D

You should send the specs of your current combo and have a chip burned by Eric at TurboTweak. For $75 total he will create you a custom chip and will revise it as many times as needed to get it perfect based upon the files of your runs down the strip (DirectScan etc).

What boost and fuel/timing are you running?

I would leave my car in Overdrive the entire time and it shifted beautifully. 4:10's and 26" tire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts