Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let me re title this A Day of Thinking!

An old friend of mine who was a big part of my life back in 77-79 who was 52 (same age as me) had a massive stroke 2 weeks ago. He was paralized about 60% & was in the hospital rehab for years to come. I guess he gave up yesterday while having lunch with his girlfriend in the cafeteria & had a massive heart attact. He was gone in ten seconds.
I guess we should treasure each day because who knows when your number is up! I usually wouldn't post personal stuff like this but I felt I needed to for him & maybe somewhat for myself.
I haven't seen him in years but my brother kept in close contact & told me this morning. Very Sad Day!

RIP Russel Mattern
You were a good friend!!
This one's for You!! :cheers:

He always loved the GM cars with the Rock Crusher 4 speed!! :yup:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Sorry to hear Dave... I'm sure he was a good guy. Some people really have it rough so you are right... treasure every day cause you never know.

RIP

:cheers:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think thats what got me the most after not seeing him for years. The fact it can be over so quickly just sort of woke me up a bit. Time to Enjoy each day just a little bit more!
I did my Cheers to Russ so I feel much better now! Thanks!!

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Unreal... sorry to hear about that .we had two guys at work pass away in the last 2 months . One 47 and 51 . they say if you make it past 50 , you should be okay for the next 10 . I turned 50 last year ...with my fingers crossed .

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
My thoughts are with you David. I've had a few friends pass recently, so I relate to what your saying about treasuring life while we can.

I remember the whine of the M21 rock crusher in my Nova, To your buddy Russel RIP

Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.