Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
too many toys
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the GN out for a ride Sunday.Had the t-tops off.My God does that car shake.Even the a-pillar was shaking on the expressway(BQE).So I ordered the poly graphite body bushing kit from PST today.Is there anything else I can do to tighten the car up?Its at the point now where the car hits bumps and it feels like the car is going to fall apart.Any help here would be great. :D

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
those poly bushings may make it worse.

Install the trunk braces and the front frame braces...those additions will help T top cars in particular but are good on all.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Check your body mounts and install the missing mounts,along with what steve said tightened my car right up.
John

·
Shaker X
1,630 Posts
With the T-Tops off the was flexing. I bet most of that goes away when you put the tops in, right? Like stated above get all the braces on the car and replacing the body bushing and adding the missing ones will help, but I think the car will always flex with the tops out.

I have a hard top GN, but I do have a Targa Top Corvette that shakes like a dog sh!tting peach pits when the top is off. The GN is a flexible car anyway and age has not helped.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
i know exactaly what your talkin about. if you watch the a-pillar when your driving it moves alot t-tops in or out.. its a g-body thing. my car does it my monte did it i know someone with a 30k mint aero coupe it does it..

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
You guys have no idea what Flex is, try driving a TTA with the T-tops off.

Hell when you jack the car up you can literaly watch the car bend in half as it rests on the jack stands.

Doors won'y close when its up in the air.

I need subframe connectors bad....

Pretty funny that will all that flex it still runs mid 1.5 60fts powersix powersix

·
too many toys
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looked the car over today,and I found at least 2 broken bushings and one thats gone(the bolt and washer was there just no bushing)Also where can I get the trunk braces?As for the front braces,are they the ones that go from the fender to the radiator support?If they are I can get them from the junkyard. moon

·
Registered
534 Posts
Jsta6, a local dude here in Florida, has a set of the front braces...underhood, F41 and triangle brace. I believe he's selling those with a hollow 1LE sway bar for $200 shipped. See if he'll sell just the braces. IrvJr made his own rear seat braces if you don't want to spend the $70 or so on new ones. I had all of Kirban's braces on my 87 TR with 120k miles...with the ttops out, it was solid, minimal flex.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
John Pearcy developed the trunk cross braces.

http://www.johnsperformance.com/

Kirban and others sell them as well. The front braces came on some G bodies and various vendors sell them. Or, you can go to the junk yard and pull them for a few bucks. Some use two braces from the cross member to the front of the frame rails. Others had a third brace that runs across the ends of the rails as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts