Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
NOS JUNKY
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a set of ABS plastic rear bumper fillers 2nd day aired to me. when I opened the package, one of them was cracked exactly in the fold. I called them and they told me I was going to have to pay for them to be returned at the post office or UPS. I told them that I would just return the fillers and they can credit back my card.So not only am I out the $30 2nd day air but NOW I have to pay to send them back????? I strongly suggest noone buy these. Not because of the crack but the quality is very poor. I have done bodywork and paint my entire life and these need alot of work to be nice. :mad: :rant:

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
the two part abs bumper fillers in IMHO are garbage you are better off getting the fiberglass ones. The last set I did were also poorly bonded together and were also starting to crack...

·
Registered
36 Posts
that also sounds like a ups shipping problem not a kirbans unless they were very pooly shipped. if its decalred valuse is more than 100 bucks you should be able to get insurance for it, if not ups covers it up to 100 bucks

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Glad to hear that the refunded the shipping.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I never had a problem with Kirbans.I bought door weather stripping from them and had it sitting around for about 6 to 8 months before I got my car painted and the box opened.It only had one strip in the box when I opened it.I called them and they sent me one out the next day! Dennis Kirban and Pete Hoffman that works for Dennis are great guys.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Glad to hear that your shipping will be credited, like what was said I've dealt with kirbans for alot of years and never had a problem. Glad it worked out for you.

·
Registered
456 Posts
ok so trying not to hi jack but i have bought an antenna from them and this is the fourth time it has failed. anyone what so ever had an antenna problem like that? i am not looking forward to talking to them about this, the last time i was talked to as though i have no idea what the hell i am talking about. granted, i am not a big antenna mechanic, but everytime this thing has died within what, about 6 months. hell the last time , and i even posted on this, it would refuse to quit trying to go up. so i put a switch in to control power to the up and down side. i did this at the expence of my GN, not their antenna. it worked fine for about 2 more months. then i went to go to work and absolutley nothing, it just told me to f/o! no i have not called or emailed them about htis situation yet, i am not ready to be told it's my cars fault.. again. i have taken the car to a mech, and i have fluked it myself, all systems work as they should, perfectly. but i know this will be my fault. needless to say the first two times they helped me. the last time they didn't understand, and neither did i, but hell, i ain't making this up! i have refrained from going down this road for two weeks now, but i saw this thread and all hell brought back memories!
i am glad they helped you with your problem, and i am glad i read this thread, as i too, need back fillers, at least i know now not to buy those!

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
take the car to a stereo instalation shop and have them look at it. I have been dealing with Kirbans for about 13 years and have never had a problem. 4 antennas and the same problem sounds like something else is wrong. If I remember the antenna goes up with a relay and there is a limit switch that is triggered when the antenna is up to cut the power same thing happens in reverse a pulse triggers the relay to send power to motor and again there is another limit switch to trigger relay to stop the power

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Kirban is usually pretty good. Any problems I've had he took care of it. He even knocked a few bucks off a part because I had to wait 6 weeks.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I have dealt with the Kirban's & Pete Hoffman for about 2 years now, and I have never had a problem with any of their stuff. As advised above, I would have it checked out at a stereo shop.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Altho I never bought an antenna from them, I suspect the antennas are the same as everyone elses? Maybe they have some from Osabo? Or maybe they are the same that the dealer sells?

Without putting a meter to one..and operating it out of the car, it is hard to say the antenna is bad...or there is another problem.

I always had good courteous service from them in the past. :)

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I always had great service with Dennis. I even drove to his house a few times to pick up parts. I got the tour of all his cars and garages out back and offers of food. They had made errors in the past and corrected them to my satisfaction. This is also GS Nats time and it makes all the vendors a little crazy :crazy:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Kirban's is a top drawer

I would say that ( 4 bad power antenna's) MEANS you had 4 bad power antenna's < AND NOTHING ELSE CAUSEED IT, POWER ANTENNAS SUCK in general and are always stop working early.

MY two cents<> turbo E-BODY BLACKHAKW 38

·
Registered
35 Posts
Kirban

Kirban has a good record as far as customer support....have had several dealings with them ....all good ones....hope you can work it out...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have bought parts directly at the shop. They are genuinely into GN's and turbo Buicks. They take the time to talk to you and help with any questions. E-mail newsletters feature great stuff and Dennis always responds personnally and fast.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts