Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
E-testing

Ok some one needs to post up the various drive cycles for the various models and manufacturers. Or link to where they can be found.

The one I am trying to find out is what it is for a 2002 Chev Impala 3800. No codes but will not pass has been back three times in two weeks.

According to what I was told from Drive clean office that 20 minutes city and 10 minutes highway resets it all. Well I call bull on that as this friends has not reset. Dealer told her to bring it in and they will reset it. Sure at what cost? There are no codes ! ! !

Thanks for the help in advance. AJ____

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
If you can find a Scan Master for the Grand Prixs,have a look and see if there's any codes ... maybe latent.
HP Tuners would work too,if you can find someone with a copy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
you dont mention which monitors are not running.for example if the fuel level is below 15% or above 85% the only monitor that will run is the catalyst heater.let me know which monitors not run and i will print out the drive cycle for you

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Catalyst and evap

·
Registered
54 Posts
i find the drive cycles for gm cars are finicky.to run the evap monitor let the car sit overnight if possible then start it and let idle for at least 2 minutes then accelerate part throttle to 45 mph till it reaches operating temp.continue driving on a flat road to avoid the fuel from sloshing in the tank at 45 mph then bring to a stop and leave it running.this should do the evap monitor.im surprised the catalyst monitor was not run.i find that when the o2 monitor is done usually the cat is soon to follow.anyways you can still pass with one monitor not run so try this and let me know.also the monitor wont run if any pending codes and make sure all accesories are off,battery voltage is good.when cranking the car i find that if voltage goes below 10 volts the monitors start from scratch so somtimes they never run.very important that fuel level is between 15 to 85 percent fuel.iat and ect signals at start up are less than 14 apart.hope this helps if not message me for more info and i try my best to help

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks that worked, it passed.

AJ___

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.