Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me get my hands on this part? Its the little plastic nut that holds the wire on the VDO oil pressure sending unit. I have no idea how to get a replacement. Everything I've tried has been the wrong size. I've been to event where Autometer had booths but never seen a VDO booth...ever.

Thankyou Chris Garret for posting the pic I used. :6:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Why don't you call VDO? Did you try metric nuts. I don't know what size it is, but if you can't find a small nut to fit, maybe its metric.

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem is with the sender on the car I can't bring it into the hardware store with me to size it up. I've guessed several times only to find that either its a strange size or thread count.

Calling VDO is like walking on water. I can't find a number to them. I can get to distributors but none of them can help with the part. The sending unit works fine I just need that little plastic nut. :nilly:

Anybody got a number to VDO or know the size of that nut please chime in. Right now I have an aligator clip holding the ring terminal on the little stud. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
157 Posts
you ever find your nut Nasty?

I needed one a while back and found their info here: http://sso-usa.siemensvdo.com/contact.aspx
I found a 800 number elsewhere though, (800) 265-1818. I talked to someone named Bill. The number on his card is (610) 706-3008. I got it a couple of days later and he didn't want anything for it. Seems to fit the 360-005 sender I have here. :cheers:

David

Attachments

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank You Thank You Thank You
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts