Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having my heads and engine done and was wondering about the valves to use. I am going to put in stainless valves but jut unsure of going with the stock size or with the 177. I am wondering if there is that much of a difference with the 177's compared to the stock size. What would everyone recommend me to go with? I am in pretty deep dollar wise so I figure that a couple extra hundred bucks isn't that bad. I just hope my wife never sees the total bill. LOL
Thanks in advance. Chris

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Many of us think that larger valves on a stock 3.8 give very little for the money as the cylinder wall blocks some of the flow.

Some claim it does help. I would not spend the money if money is tight. I think it would be largely wasted.

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Ferra Valves Part # - Exhaust-#F6237 (1.500") , Int- #F6238 (1.770") . There is a dist in Windsor/Ont . Manley use to carry a SS valve for a GN , but I think it may not be available any longer . Manley Part#= Exh-#11503 , Int- #11504.Give "Canadian Hi-Performance Discount" a call (www.hi-performance.com) . they maybe be able to hook you up as well with Manley valves .

[This message has been edited by KWIKR 1 (edited June 03, 2002).]

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I think I will just go with the stock size stainless valves if it isn't going to give me that much more. Again Thanks. Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.