Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sponsorship Needed
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What valve spring compressor have you guys used to replace the valve springs with the heads on the car.. I have used a chebby valve spring compressor before but it was a pain so I thought I would get some input..

------------------

Jason White
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
44 Posts
I made one similar to what vin7 uses except I use a complete set of 6 modified rocker arms on an old rocker shaft. I got a piece of aluminum bar stock, drilled through the center and drilled two holes to intersect with the center hole. I then tapped it for one airline nipple and three couplers. I use three compression tester hoses to the couplers and hook up my air compressor to the nipple. This way I can do three cylinders at once without having to move the rocker to each cylinder.

·
Sponsorship Needed
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have a pic of your valve spring compressor? I would like to see it. I have extra rocker arms and have the tools to make one.

------------------

Jason White
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Jason, get Orlando87 to send you a pic of the Kirban rocker. Basically grind a slot in the valve stem side so that the stem will pass thru when you compress the spring and weld/braze a piece of tubing on the other so that a 3/4" bar bent 90* on one end 45* on the other to be used for leverage (about 6" long)

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts