Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight i got new valve covers for my car and they arent the same exact size theyre taller. My problem is when i have the new one installed on the driver side the EGR solonoid used to be held in by one of the bolts and now wont reach, does that really matter?

And the other big problem is the passanger stock cover, i cant get off!!! it keeps getting caught up on the shield to the heater core. its too much to remove all stuff conected to that sheild.
Anyone put theis on? If any one can help, please do.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
NO BODY KNOWS!!!, oh man, guess ill be shooting in the dark for this one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When i needed to take my valve covers off i had to remove the heat shield too, its not as hard as it looks its just a few screws. But if your putting on taller valve covers then you might not have enough room. hope that helps.

Mike

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Remove the heat shield and leave it off. It also helps to bump the motor until the back rocker arms are down. HTH.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i removed the heater core sheild that helped alot. The valve covers look great i recomend them. Passanger side was a pain in the moon but well worth it.
I love em they give an even meaner look.
Keep that shield off? The plastic wont melt?

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Mine hadn't melted. I've run it like that for nearly 3 years.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds alright to me, does anyone else object to this? I woundt be hard to put back on.

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
I left mine off because it would cut my hand everytime I needed to work in that area of the engine bay.....spark plugs, valve covers....

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I think a lot of people leave them off.

Then again lots of people rip out the A/C and the heat as well. :rolleyes:

You might experience a slight increase in A/C outlet temps. and perhaps a bit warmer passenger side of the car but certainly not a reason to not ditch the thing.

I just cut the bottom of mine off where the 3" downpipe was going by, then put it back on with the stock covers.

I wouldn't worry about it since it will make your life easier if you have to take the covers off again. :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
I don't run the heat shield after installing the ATR kidney plate and smaller heater core. It allows the PS head to be removed using studs, more clearance around the 3" DP, my AC work perfect without the shield. I also run the MA valve covers to clear my roller rockers etc. What helps install the #6 sparkplug is a double swievel spark plug socket sold by MAC Tools. Gene

1 - 11 of 11 Posts