Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of those crazy little vacuum lines for the egr valve still available?
The rubber ones with the bends in them.
What does everyone use for vacuum line? Is some better than others?
Thanks,Mike Hammer

P.S. cars been apart for awhile lots of ? to come.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Just happen to have a spare I got from GBody! Looks like this. Of course minus all the other parts!

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Hey Just a Six??... How old is that setup you are running? Would you consider selling them there parts, including the lines?

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
50K on it all. I had someone else ask first about them with complete intake,doghouse etc so I'm waiting for his answer. I can sell it complete if he says no but I do have a spare line only, not as pretty but works fine that you can have for $10 shipped tp you. Brian charged me $20 Lets see what happens in the next 24 hours & maybe I can give you a good deal on all of the kit in the pic. :cheers:

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
All my crap is acting up right now. Just thinking about doing away with the EGR, but hen I'd have to get a new chip. Can't really afford that either.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Freebie lines for a college kid on the way! If the complete set up is needed that will cost $$ :D :cheers:

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
How much we talking about? I can't get one of those stinkin' EGR vacuum regulator solenoid valve filters anywhere locally. I have to have one shipped in. Can you get them easily up there? They have to special order me one here for $6, then charge me another $5 just to ship it. :rolleyes:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Do you have a part number? You are talking about the foam filter correct?
Now I'm confused as to exactly what you need? I thought it was the Vacuum lines? :dunno:

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
I need the lines AND one of those filters. Mine is the stock unit witht the paper element. The aftermarket ones are foam?

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
RealestVIN7 said:
I need the lines AND one of those filters. Mine is the stock unit witht the paper element. The aftermarket ones are foam?
Part # for foam is 25526889 I will see what my guy has to offer?
No, he doesnt have the filter.

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
You don't have to use the factory preformed lines. Just pull them out of the double connector and glue in a piece of correctly sized vacuum tubing. That's what I did with mine and it works okay. The rubber tube will bend enough to hook up to the egr.

John

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
RealestVIN7 said:
I am so lost here. Do you have the filter or not? You know the stock one is paper right? I've been trying to figure out how this design replaces the stock one. *Below* This is the only one I can find online.

http://catservices.wrencheadpro.com/smartpages/partinfo_resize/STA/blf2.jpg
That one in the pic should have the end cap being removeable, & the foam filter inside that you can then transfer to your existing unit. Myself I have No Filters just Vac Lines but as mentioned you can just put some new line on your stock double connectors. Post that pic in Tech Forum to confirm that it will work for you. Eric Turbofish may be able to get the original filters as he is a parts supplier. HTH? Sorry for the confusion! :confused:
PS: This is all from memory so I'm going to the shop to open mine up & look as I know I used a replacement that came from the dealer & I think is foam.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts