Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just converted my system with a new master cylinder,used brake booster. but im having a problem with my pedal. if i push on the brake to switch from park to reverse/drive the pedal wont come back, car wont move for at least 10 sec. then starts to creep. pedal feel is firm and i did bleed the brakes at the master when i put it in. im thinking it's the booster but i heard they never usally fail. called all local parts stores in my area nobody can get them new. i might try another used booster with a pedal from a 87' monte as well. i did redrill a new hole in my stock pedal also to match the new booster. if you have any suggestions that would be great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did that conversion and had more or less the same problem. However, in my case the pedal would stay down after brake application while driving. Had to hook my foot under the brake pedal to bring it back up - so a big distraction. Wouldn't do it all the time and I couldn't determine a good reason. I purchased a "new" kit, (included all the parts required) must have bled the brakes a half dozen times, replaced the "new" master cylinder, but was never happy with the braking performance, so I switched back to the Powermaster - now all is back to normal.

·
Older than dirt
2,718 Posts
Check the pin between the MC and the booster. MC's have different depth cups in them, depending on the application. If there's interference, the MC piston may not retract far enuf to allow brake release...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts