Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question about v4 install. Just completed and think it installed o.k. However, curious about distance between crank fan and back of intercooler. There's about 3/8ths inch at most clearance. Is this correct? Thanks for help.. Jace

·
Village Idiot
4,813 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Noticed just what you mentioned about turbo alignment and shroud contact. Intercooler is secure,just worried about fan contact due to engine movement. If anything it's closer to a couple of millimeters from contact. Just installed new engine with new motor mounts. Probably just paranoid. All in all fit is not bad,even SMC bottle on fan shroud fit without having to rearrange. Every thing including oil filter space from bracket and cooler lines is just close. Jace

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
just worried about fan contact due to engine movement.
If the engine moves, the IC should move with it. A couple of mm's sounds pretty close though. I would hate to see the IC settle into a new location once you start driving it. Fin salad.

Can you provide some pictures? Maybe your V4 came with different brackets or something.

------------------

Stock Block, Stock Cam, PTE-52, Champion Heads, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3680# with Driver
12.0 @ 116.5mph w/20psi using 17.9* timing

mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
812 Posts
I had the same issue with mine, used a couple of stainless washers to give a little more clearance. My neck was off-center also and it really bothers me that Tony has yet to fix this problem. Other than these things, I am happy with my CAS V4. Good luck!

------------------
Ready to Play! Brad Thompson,1987 GN T-top,new GNX takeoff turbo from ASC,CASV4,65mm AccuFab plenum,65mm PTE TB, Jay Carter Alky Kit with Plennum Stealth Injection Plate, Walboro 340, 42.5# Lucas 009's, Jay Carter Street chip, ATR 8.5mm race wires, braided fuel and turbo oil feed lines, ATR cold air kit, 14" K&N filter,fully Kirban Braced, ATR 3" downpipe with 3" high flow cat and crossover, Ported turbo exhust housing with Jett-Hot coating. Hooker supercomp 2.5 dual exhaust, rear exit, Jett-Hot coated ATR header, Aluminum underdrive pully, Custom Mallory Billet alternator pulley, fully gauged, Caspers knock gauge, 16" GNX wheels, BF Goodrich Comp TA ZR's, shaft loop, pinion snubber, 4-core rad with high volume pump, manual fan controller, GNX O2 sensor, Art Carr shift kit with deep aluminum finned pan, B&M transcooler, Eastern Performance rail mounted Fuel pressure gauge with tap, ATR intercooler air deflector, Viper keyless entry and security. Boost set at a confident 22# (with Alcohol) on 94 Octane Sunoco ** In the works, a custom 2.75" Carbon Fiber intercooler to throttle body uppipe** mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts