Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cut the scoupe to fit sway bar" I have to cut at least 1 1/2 in. for it to fit the IC ?? With it being that far off I would think that this to would have been another thing that would have been fixed by CAS ? I sure hate cutting on it & messing up the paint! I have some tin snips but Ill never get it shaped like it is now. Other than this & having to modify the Rt.lower frame brace the fit is very good" Yea Teve even with the IC fan!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
so you are bitching already? I thought it was lost?

How come the other guys fit perfectly? Must be a conspiracy against you! Just put the damn thing on, throw the useless fan away so the belt can be changed easily and start driving the car! Geez, I have to raise Zap and now you want the same attention!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But Daddy" You did'nt answer my question! I had to take off work to go pick the damn thing up and that cost me more !#@@$%!#%^ $$.
Ok" I know what I have to do but I just wanted to bitch about it. Hey I do have a inch or more between the fan & IC and GM put the fan on for a reason" So daddyO it will stay! Belt will be No problem! unlike the scoupe & the brace!

BTW" When did I say it was lost? Are you lost!

[This message has been edited by fast86 (edited January 31, 2002).]

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Something ain't right there....

It should drop in without cutting anything???

Not sure what the problem is? You shouldn't have to cut the V4 at all.

Just my .02.

PS: The braces should be made to fit the V4 not the other way around.

Hmmm, new product idea for when I get cannned...

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by salvageV6:
Something ain't right there....

It should drop in without cutting anything???

Not sure what the problem is? You shouldn't have to cut the V4 at all.

Just my .02.

PS: The braces should be made to fit the V4 not the other way around.

Hmmm, new product idea for when I get cannned...
Yea" Someone aint right here either "Salvage" Like im going to cut on the [email protected]@% $700 V4 !
You been hanging out with Teve? He dont proof read so well either.
Salvage" your fired! or should i say cannned.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Didn't I hear someone say that originally the V4's had to be modified to fit, but they have since fixed that problem??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry Fast, I've been having some trouble sighning on here.
When I put my IC in, I had no problems with the scoop, fit right on? The First unit I had last year fit very poorly and I sent it back, But I like the one I have now. In what direction is it not fitting?

Joe

------------------
1986 Buick Grand National
TA-49 Turbo, 42.5lb 009 injectors, Hooker cat back, Charged Air Systems V4 Intercooler, BGC 3'' Downpipe with ported elbow and all the other usual stuff.
Buick, Go fast with class

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Originally posted by Carolinaturbot6:
Didn't I hear someone say that originally the V4's had to be modified to fit, but they have since fixed that problem??
My 87 GN has an original V4 and it did not have to be modified. As I recall, it was not an entirely smooth install due to something not lining up quite right - bracket? Also the holes in the scoop and those in the IC did not line up. Good thing the scoop was semi pliable. Later scoops are metal and did not have pre-drilled holes (at least mine did not).

One of the front frame braces must be "modified" with a hammer to fit.

MY IC fan clearance was never a factor, and looks to be approximately 1".

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
The intercooler scoop is the metal part attached to the V4, thought you were gonna cut that. That is my definition anyway...

Still if you are gonna cut the air dam plastic pieces over 1" is a lot to make it fit. Not sure if that's your definition.

"Cut the scoupe to fit sway bar" I have to cut at least 1 1/2 in. for it to fit the IC ??"

Obviously your scoupe and my scoop are different.

Good luck with the sawzall....

I know already I ain't right but the V4 installation didn't drive me over the edge.

[This message has been edited by salvageV6 (edited February 01, 2002).]

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had to trim about an inch from the scoupe for it to clear the sway bar. Then my pre drilled holes line up. I used a dremel tool.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by b2316:
I had to trim about an inch from the scoupe for it to clear the sway bar. Then my pre drilled holes line up. I used a dremel tool.
Thats what im going to have to do. Dremel sounds like it would work better than tin snips!

Salvage" I was just messing with you!
I thought you could take a joke" You have talked with Steve & ZaP.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Granny" does yours have the metal scoupe? I know you just received it "Yours was probley shipped when mine was. I havent cut it yet" The IC & hoses went in with a very good fit and with a little trimming the scoupe will to" Strange yours fit" I know the cars were made the same.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've had mine in for 3 days now. the front of scoop is touching the sway bar. but vertically if fits great, I just put some black foam tap on the sway bar so it doesnt make any noise when if vibrates.

On a side note. I went from 109mph with stock intercooler and downpipe to 113.5mph with a V4 and that BGC downpipe. Intercooler works.

Joe

------------------
TA-49 Turbo, 42.5lb 009 injectors, Hooker cat back, Charged Air Systems V4 Intercooler, BGC 3'' Downpipe with ported elbow and all the other usual stuff.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
4.5 mph ain't too shabby! How bout your times?

I am glad it worked out because I recall your frustration before.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Actually I can take a joke, I just didn't see one...

Then again, I am still not sure what you are going to be cutting? That is what bothered me. The only thing that might need trimming should be the rubber/plastic lip of the air dam thingy. So the V4 can go up high enough.

I don't think you are supposed to cut the V4 metal scoop part? Then again who knows...

Just my .02, I hope it fits ok for ya!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Zap:
Buy a Honda.
I have one. Its a 97 1100 Shadow Ace.
Its also for sale" Im doing the Harley thing now.

Salvage" You probley wont see the Joke here" ZaP wont post his picture.

[This message has been edited by fast86 (edited February 02, 2002).]

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Originally posted by fast86:
I have one. Its a 97 1100 Shadow Ace.
Its also for sale" Im doing the Harley thing now.

B]

Oh, right, follow the crowd five years after the fad is wearing off...

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Damm, I was really trying to provoke the answer out of him too.

Oh well a sawzall will cut plastic or metal...

Don't forget to drop the boost a few psi. when you get the thing in there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Steve, I got it down to a 12.3 last night, shes screaming pretty good and the THDP is in the mail.

Joe

------------------

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.