Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys ,

I need to try to find window seals, i ordered a pair from southeast turbo but they arrived here damaged, Today i get my gnx reproduction louvers and yes they're broken as well :rant: i called southeast turbo i was told i had to file a claim with ups, does anyone know how long this will take :dunno: any help will be really useful

THANX,
C.E.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just ordered a computer from Southeast Turbo. It was also shipped ups, the box it arrived in looked like it had been used as a soccer ball in the World Cup. It was so scarred up, you could barely read the stickers that said Fragile Do Not Drop! Luckily they packaged the hell out of it and the ecm is untouched.

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
2,327 Posts
I do not buy from vendors that ship UPS to avoid these and other associated UPS hassles.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
How do you damage rubber window seals?? I also dont use or accept anything UPS but due to the cost for us. I have never had a beat up package when they were used. They just Rape Us for the $$$$$$$ :rant:

·
Post Ho
3,628 Posts
In the 18 years that I have been buying parts Monday was the first time UPS has damaged any of my items.I've had good luck with them until now,but I'm still PO'd. :rant: It was partially the vendors fault for lousy packaging. :rant:

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
sr-71 said:
hi guys ,

I need to try to find window seals, i ordered a pair from southeast turbo but they arrived here damaged, Today i get my gnx reproduction louvers and yes they're broken as well :rant: i called southeast turbo i was told i had to file a claim with ups, does anyone know how long this will take :dunno: any help will be really useful

THANX,
C.E.

It'll take to the twelfth of never.
Their logic is that it wasn't "packaged properly" if they damaged the contents.
Don't hold your breath. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i kind of feel that one coming kid :mad:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Being that i werk for ups 4 over 10years, i feel ya man.....my personal exp. say that u must constantly call & harrass the branch of ups in which it was shipped from...They are most likey to say it was on the shipper's end due to poor packing, but we as people have the right to be a royal pain in the azz, because were custumers.....
CALL,CALL ,& CALL......& dont stop till u get this problem resolved...
Sorry about this & good luck 2 ya..

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
sr-71 said:
I kind of feel that one coming kid :mad:
I've been there.
I bought a brand new V1 IC from Jack Cotton and UPS banged it up.
$2187 Canadian total and it's damaged before I even put it on the car[our dollar was at 66 cents at the time].
I hate fixing brand new stuff,but fortunately it was salvageable. :pissed:

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Fedex just delivered a package of mine 3 doors down, well houses anyway. :mad:

All the great info. on the tracking page said it was delivered to the front door at 10:05am, one day after shipping which looked great, but, I looked out there at 12:30pm and no package. :confused:

Neighbor didn't deliver it to me, and returned it to fedex somehow.

Not quite sure how since I couldn't get anyone well a human anyway on their 800 number to find out where it was. :mad:

I finally got it two days later and obviously the tracking info. was never updated or no message on the package as to where it was or why, saw the neighbor at the local package store, spirit shop or discount liquor store for you non-New England folk. :cheers:

Anywhoo I did email Rock Auto. customer service about where the package went and what could they do to track it after it was missing one day.

I didn't hear from them either until after I sent them a second email saying it was found, go figure. :rolleyes:

So I sent them a third email about their customer service. :yup: :wink:

They all suck in their very own way. :crazy:

They all drop the packages from waist height too, and I collect old glass from the turn of the century, shipping that stuff isn't easy and believe it or not the post office is the best way to get that stuff here and there intact and insured. :cool:

·
Registered
430 Posts
That's why I use DHL- we looked at the big three, and DHL won hands down in both cost structure and lack of drama. Great customer service, too!

I'm to the point of using my DHL account for inbound shipments, when possible.

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
cyabye said:
I just ordered a computer from Southeast Turbo. It was also shipped ups, the box it arrived in looked like it had been used as a soccer ball in the World Cup. It was so scarred up, you could barely read the stickers that said Fragile Do Not Drop! Luckily they packaged the hell out of it and the ecm is untouched.

LOL , worst thing you can ever do is put a sticker on a package that says " Fragile Do Not Drop" . :D :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
sr-71 said:
hi guys ,

THANX,
C.E.
IMHO, SE Turbo should be the one to file the claim. They are the SHIPPER and they are the one that paid/insured the package. UPS will pay the claim to the shipper, not to you.
Call SE Turbo and tell them to file the claim. You will need to show or provide UPS with the damaged package/goods.

Gary

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Black Car said:
IMHO, SE Turbo should be the one to file the claim. They are the SHIPPER and they are the one that paid/insured the package. UPS will pay the claim to the shipper, not to you.
Call SE Turbo and tell them to file the claim. You will need to show or provide UPS with the damaged package/goods.

Gary
That being the case,they should refund his money too. :)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Radius Kid said:
That being the case,they should refund his money too. :)

that would be nice, b ut i do need the louvers and the window seals, i've looked around but so far only southest turbo is the only one that has them ( the window seals) it would be nice of them to put rush the item, i ordered the louvers about a month ago, and when i do finally Receive it, it's banged-up. Well at least it's being worked out. :yup:

I just wanted to get everything together for the body shop

1 - 15 of 15 Posts