Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has had an off idle stumble since day one, and i've tinkered with FP, TPS, vacuum hoses, and all other sorts of stuff, and the stumble is still there. When i throw the scantool on there it had told me i was getting a rich code but has stopped giving me that code. The numbers i pulled off the OTC scanner at idle in park and warmed up are also a little "uncool"
BLM:105 (not good)
INT:bouncing between 100-110 (not good)
MAF:007
O2:.82-all over
IAC:018
COOL:074
TPS:.40
MAT:032
O2CC:018-002
I pulled the plugs to check em out, but they looked absolutely perfect. Nice golden tan color, not all sooty and such. Under full throttle the O2's are as high as .850, while mostly around .820. So what's up with my car? The fuel pressure is 42# line off, and i messed with it all up and down the scale to no avail. What should i do?

------------------
87 T-top GN 235" JE pistons, TA-49, 009's, ported heads,206-206 cam, trans+LT1 MAF,Jim Testa street chip, AFPR, Walbro 307, stock IC, stock exhaust, 275/50/15 nitto's, and bad driver mod.
Best time: [email protected] 104, 15 psi, 1.98 60' yep, i need to tune it

·
Registered
606 Posts
How old is your O2 sensor?
I would check there first and try moving your fuel pressure around a little at a time.
I'm not a pro at these cars at all,But I was having the same problem,so I replaced the O2 rest my IAC,TPS,and then adjusted my fuel pressure to about 42lbs line off and that's where my OTC showed my BLM's to be 128 on the money.
Hope that helps.
The reason I changed the O2 was I had run race gas with it and it was no good after that.

------------------
Bill Chapman Yet again
New name same dude

·
General Useless POS
1,801 Posts
Originally posted by Nitro135:
My car has had an off idle stumble since day one, and i've tinkered with FP, TPS, vacuum hoses, and all other sorts of stuff, and the stumble is still there. When i throw the scantool on there it had told me i was getting a rich code but has stopped giving me that code.

<<SNIP>>

my car? The fuel pressure is 42# line off, and i messed with it all up and down the scale to no avail. What should i do?

Drop the FP to 35-36 vac on should bring the blm's into the teens. To be honest, if its not 90, the ECM has control of the mixture, as evidenced by your nice plugs.

Do you have direct scan? If you dont, caN borrow one, make a recording of a couple throttle blips, a couple mildly hard passes and send me the files? Try to show the hesitation. Maybe I can tweak the chip some to get rid of it, assuming its not an ignition problem. Is the problem better or worse when cold? I see you have a translator, did you have thius when I did your chip? Might need a slight recal. I remember that address, but not who lives there. Whats your name so I can look at your chip file.

------------------

Jim Testa
1986 Regal T-Type
Stock block w/girdle, stock rods, TRW's, JE pins, 214/210 roller, TurboMotion port/polished heads w/1.77-1.50 valves, T&D roller rockers, Champ intake w/o EGR, PTE plenum, Accufab 70mm TB, MSD50's, TE61, PTE front mount, SMC alcohol inj, JT trans, 3000 vigilante, stock rear w/Hotchkiss arms, and kick ass tunes..

·
General Useless POS
1,801 Posts
oops

------------------

Jim Testa
1986 Regal T-Type
Stock block w/girdle, stock rods, TRW's, JE pins, 214/210 roller, TurboMotion port/polished heads w/1.77-1.50 valves, T&D roller rockers, Champ intake w/o EGR, PTE plenum, Accufab 70mm TB, MSD50's, TE63-1 4 bolt, PTE front mount, ATR 4 bolt headers, HKS GT gate, FAST w/65# injectors, JT trans, 3000 vigilante, stock rear w/Hotchkiss arms, and kick ass tunes..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help guys, and to answer the questions, the O2 sensor is maximum of 2 months old, BUT, i had run race fuel through it from the start, it saw only 1.5 gallons, with a full tank of 94, is that enough to kill it? Unfortuanately Jim, I didn't know my delco MAF was fubared until i got the car running, so i didn't put that down on my spec sheet. The will stumble hot or cold doesn't really matter, it seems more throttle position related. If you just stand on the gas from idle, it sometimes stumbles or even stalls, but if you slowly ease into it, it's fine. I don't have a direct scan, and don't have any turbobuick friends with one, so i'll have to use the lowly OTC for now, i'll put it on the car again tomorrow to see if they fuel pressure helps, thanks for your help, Lee Di Fabbio

------------------
87 T-top GN 235" JE pistons, TA-49, 009's, ported heads,206-206 cam, trans+LT1 MAF,Jim Testa street chip, AFPR, Walbro 307, stock IC, stock exhaust, 275/50/15 nitto's, and bad driver mod.
Best time: [email protected] 104, 15 psi, 1.98 60' yep, i need to tune it

·
General Useless POS
1,801 Posts
Shoot me an email with a mailing address. Let me see if I can work this out for you.

[email protected]

------------------

Jim Testa
1986 Regal T-Type
Stock block w/girdle, stock rods, TRW's, JE pins, 214/210 roller, TurboMotion port/polished heads w/1.77-1.50 valves, T&D roller rockers, Champ intake w/o EGR, PTE plenum, Accufab 70mm TB, MSD50's, TE63-1 4 bolt, PTE front mount, ATR 4 bolt headers, HKS GT gate, FAST w/65# injectors, JT trans, 3000 vigilante, stock rear w/Hotchkiss arms, and kick ass tunes..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts