Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Brisbon 87 GN
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone here link me to the old thread on "how to build a front cover" i cant seem to find it,

and explain to me why we have to "build" one as to why we cant just install one bought, and your thoughts on better brands of front covers...

just something i hear is important while doing a rebuild, and id hate to just look past chaging my front cover since im rebuilding

thanks guys

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I believe TA Performance sells a completely set up front cover for the turbo V6 cars.

Check out the details on their website. :)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Last time I check it was about $500!!! :eek!: Turbo bill sells'em cheaper I beleive. :6:

·
Brisbon 87 GN
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just bought it loaded, thanks bill!

Turbo Bill said:
Just so you and Earl know that the front cover ported and assembled is $300.
Cover starts at $125
Thanks for the plug. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
How do you know when you get a front cover that the cam sensor bore is in the right location? I've read recently some have had covers that the sensor was "too tight", the bore too close to the block, so the sensor would not go in. Steve Wood mentioned that it would also be possible for the bore to be located so that the sensor would go in, but the gear would not have the right engagement. Would be nice to know, for sure, before putting one on your car and finding out the hard way.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Get the gasket and bolt it up. "Sometimes" you can see the cam sensor hole is not centered in the blank before it is drilled or whatever.

I have had one that looked OK but it actually started to angle after the top.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
OK, I'll get on it

Brisbon said:
just bought it loaded, thanks bill!
I'll get that assembled. Thanks for the order. I'll drop you an email or PM when the cover is ready to go postal (USPS).

I have heard about the cam sensor hole. But never have had or seen one do this. I'll measure to make sure hole is in right place but jstahl has an excellent idea about bolting it up to check interference.

Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.