Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, if anyone is watching, post your comments and results. How did the fight go between Ortiz and Shamrock?

·
Registered
72 Posts
My son just called and told me it was stopped after Ortiz threw Shamrock to the ground and hit him with 4-5 elbows. However, Shamrock juimped right up and was fine. No/little blood or damage so the crowd was nuts that ONCE AGAIN LIKE EVERY OTHER UFC FIGHT - these damn refs are always the story. The McCarthy idiot ruins every fight even though it wasn't him this time, he's always talking to the fighters - "come on now" "show me something" "don't do that, don't do this". this is the only sport where the ref is known more than the participants.........

·
Going nowhere...
272 Posts
Upon reviewing the ortiz shamrock fight, mccarthy made the right, if not popular, call. shamrock was not protecting himself and did look like he been knocked out momentarily

the burkman fight was great, so was the stevenson.

All in all, a good ppv.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I think the fight was stopped to early. Shamrock has weathered way worse.

McCarthy was not the ref.

He is the Best in the Biz.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
I am glad I watched this UFC PPV at a friends house. If I would have paid $40 for that set of fights I would have been pissed!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Ufc

Did Orlovski win his title back??

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
TRFanatic said:
Did Orlovski win his title back??
Slvia outlasted Arlovski

·
I piss excellence!!!
1,883 Posts
I do agree that was a good call on the Refs part. You can clearly see that Shamrock was dazed there and if Tito would of cont. he would of been knocked out for sure, even though it looked like he was knocked out for a second. def. would of liked to see it last longer but that is what is so great about UFC. it is for REAL. :headbang:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
The UFC used to be Raw..Hardcore. Its to commercialized now. Back in the day that fight would have gone longer. I've seen many fights like that where you would think the guy is done and then he comes back and wins. Shamrock is one of 'em. I'm not a big Shamrock fan, but he's been there since day one..taking huge beatings in multiple fights in one night.

UFC is on Spike now. Great! Its just turning into like boxing now. Spike hyped this fight so much it should have gone longer.

Tito isn't a REAL Martial Artist. He's got a big mouth and turns a honorable forum into the WWF. Granted I think he can beat a 42 year old Shamrock, but Liddell flat laid him out and he could barely handle Forrest Griffin. :yup:

·
I piss excellence!!!
1,883 Posts
As I do agree with what your saying you also have to put it into perspective. I watched UFC when it first came out in 93 and it is now more commercial but what do you expect everything is. Back in 93 there were only two ways to win submission or knockout. That is why it was banned. i mean one fight would go for 35 min on the floor without all that much movement. I agree about Tito, he did get a good beating but Shamrock cannot take Tito down. it was obvious in this fight. and if you look all these martial arts really go to hell once the octagon comes into play. all these pretty kicks and planned punches go right out the window. so to say he isn't a REAL fighter is not complelty true. but overall you are correct. glad i didn't pay 40 bucks to see it though. :cheers:

·
Registered
133 Posts
crazy

I dont understand something though. The first or second fight a guy lost about half of the blood in his body. The cut looked like someone got em with a switchblade. But they let him up get checked & go back to the ground & start again. Blood was everywhere. I mean to me they waited to long there as that is to much for tv, for the fans there, etc. But the shamrock fight needed to go the rest of that round. Yes ortiz still would more & likely have done shamrock in but atleast it would have put a rest to all the hype & controversy. Shamrock cant dunk anymore, cant hit 3 pointers & ortiz rejected him bottom line. Ortiz put him down right away. You could tell shamrock was still not focused. Ortiz is a machine & whover he fights from this point on is gonna be in for a battle. If you cant run with the big dawgs stay yo azz up on the porch is the term that comes to mind for shamrock.

On a side note. The sports bar we watched the fight at had a much better fight break out than the PPV. :yup:

·
Carb/Turbo
1,615 Posts
If Shamrock could have continued fighting, he should have been defending himself. The only reason he was able to get up so quickly and not be a bloodly mess is because the Herb Dean stopped it when he should of. Tito whold have continued with the elbows until Shamrock was KO'd or worse.

Shamrock knows how the game is played. If a guy is pounding you, defend yourself. Lay there like a punching bag and ref will stop it everytime.

·
Registered
373 Posts
With so much hype brought on, they should have waited till Shamrock was out cold........Like not moving, twitching perhaps....

The other fights were pretty good, just not the main events.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I couldn't resist and bought it. Tito IMO is an athlete, he just likes to yap alot and that annoys alot of guys. Herb Dean saved Shamrock from yet another beating. The first elbow Tito landed was square on and Shamrock's arms went totally limp then Tito hit him with like 5-6 elbows meaning he couldn't intelligently defend himself. Everybody was booing but Tito basicly apologized for Shamrock's lame performance and said he'd fight again no problem. Ken is a tough guy no doubt but he needs to retire at 42 years old.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.