Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the first is my car is slow to build boost on the bottom end,so I'm thinking that it's still a little rich.How do I lean it out?Do I add pressure(which in thinking would lessen flow)or am I way off?
Second how do I adjust my throttle valve cable?
Thanks for any and all help.

------------------
87 GN 3"ATR DP 2.5 ATR duals,7th injector,rebuilt turbo(stock)rebuilt injectors(stock).30 JE Pistons,accufab regulator,ATR super pump Hot wired,stainless driver side exhaust manifold.SOME ASSEMBLY STILL REQUIRED

·
Registered
345 Posts
Adding pressure makes the injectors squirt more fuel. Make sure the 7th injector isn't coming on (or take it off entirely) an make sure you have no crossover or header leaks. Adjust the FP to 42-45 psi with the hose off.

To adjust the TV cable, push the button and push it in. Then open the Throttle to WOT. It will adjust itself.

------------------
UNGN
My Timeslips Page
My G-body Homepage

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks UNGN I Have My fuel Pressure set 45lbs. hose off.I have the seventh injector totally disconected.I'm hoping to convert that to Alky.Should I drop pressure then and start from there?
Thanks for the help trying to get it dialed in before I hit the track.

------------------
87 GN 3"ATR DP 2.5 ATR duals,7th injector,rebuilt turbo(stock)rebuilt injectors(stock).30 JE Pistons,accufab regulator,ATR super pump Hot wired,stainless driver side exhaust manifold.SOME ASSEMBLY STILL REQUIRED

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Pull your fp back to no more than 42#. You are running a lot of fuel system for a stock turbo and injectors.

To set your tv cable, grasp the cable just behind the bracket, push the D shaped tab on the driver's side of the bracket inward and pull the cable back toward the firewall as far as it will go. Move the floormat out of the way of the accelerator pedal and then press the pedal hard to the floor. This will ratchet the cable back into the factory setting.

------------------
------------------
Steve Wood

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

86 GN bought new, 87 T-type-81 El Camino with GN drive train-basically stock 86, 94 Caprice 9C1, 69 SS396 Camaro Convertible

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve are you politly saying to s**t can the stock injectors?

------------------

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Not at all, altho they must be awfully tired and worn by now.

They will get you well into the lower 12s and some have gone faster. You also have a 7th which I don't like but 7ths are liked by many.

My point was that a stock injector and stock turbo probably don't need a bunch of fuel pressure. You may be running it rich at low rpm with that much pressure.

Kinda depends upon what the O2s are reporting at launch, I would guess

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool I'll be plenty happy with a solid 12 sec car.Alot of people have told me I wasted the money on that 7th injector,I'm starting to agree.Do you know of anyone who's converted that to a alky injector?
Thanks Steve:BILDO

------------------

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
there have been some conversions to alky but I believe you need some kind of a driver to pulse the injector. As you want a constant flow of alky being sprayed so that all cylinders are fed evenly, it is better to use a simple jet arrangement.

I am sure you have read the performance recipes over on www.gnttype.org under the technical resources. Basically, running twelves is pretty easy if the engine is in good mechanical shape.

Takes an open intake (K&N filter open to the air), Good free flowing exhaust, and traction. Add boost and race gas/chip and that should do it. The real secret is in the tuning which may be more trial and error than skill....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts