Turbo Buick Forums banner

twin turbos

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  kraused 
#1 ·
I have a 84 T-type and I'm going to put twin turbos no it but I'm not sure what size turbos to go with. I can do all the fab work my self I build custom choppers in my shop so I have all the stuff to make it work. I just don't know about the turbos. All my toys have to be one of a kind so I figured that this will do the trick plus my brother inlaw has a bad ass 87 5.0 mustang it would be nice to smoke him.

Thanks Stick man

#2 ·
i had a Duttweiller (87 GN) Stage 2 twin turbo with a pair of 60-1 it spooled pretty fast similar to a stock turbo. You have to fortify everything for longevity. Check out ESP system i think they have a couple of running specimen out there.

#3 ·
yeah ESP makes a kit. nice kit check it out ESP Products

#4 ·
The stock turbos from an 86/87 will support more than 700 hp. It really depends on how much power you want to make. The rest of the engine will have to be able to handle that kind of power. Check my posts for my twin turbo set-up that I built. One on each side is typical, but I wanted to keep the AC/power steering, ect. I also wanted something different. So, I also went with twin throttle bodies, twin stock intercoolers, and dual fuel (methanol and gas). The car runs 126mph on 19 lbs of boost. I am just getting the bugs worked out right now, and the weather is setting in.:mad:

#5 ·
Yes check out his setup ,it is JUST SICK makes me want to build something that will make me poo in my pants just looking at it.:eek!::yup:

#6 ·
Just wanted to add something here, don't know if it would work here or not. I drive trucks for a living and the CAT motor in my truck has a twin turbo setup. The two are back to back one boosting the other, don't know if this makes sense. Any way together they put out 50-58ft-lbs max boost. Wonder if that would work the same on the GN.

#12 ·
if i could afford to this i would be more then willing to...

#11 · (Edited)
If your car is an 84, assuming it still has the hotair motor, where are you going to place the other turbo?
The car is an '85; the bodies are all the same. Everything fits the same. The car had vacuum brakes; still does, and the engine was build from scratch. Here a small photo (I hope it's small) to give you an idea of the layout. If you have more questions, feel free to contact us directly.

Hope this helps you,
John @ ESP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.