Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car started acting funny on the way home from Cecil yesterday. First thing I noticed was when slowing down coming up to a stop sign or red light the car was "bucking". The other thing is under normal throttle it shifts through 1-3 really quick and doesn't wanna kick down. From what I've read I think it sounds like the TV cable needs adjustment. I've read over the process, but not 100% sure on how to go about it and don't wanna mess anything up.
1)does this sound like its the tv cable?
2)any tips/tricks that anyone can give so I get it right?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks Paul that's the clearest description of how to adjust it that I've read yet.
Anything I can do to check the lockup solenoid u mentioned?

I find it odd because on the way to the show yesterday everything seemed fine/normal and then on the way home it was acting up.

Also found a small puddle of oil under the car that I have to investigate. Motor oil not trans fluid. In the middle towards the back of the engine. Looks like there's some on the crossover exhaust pipe. Any ideas where that could be coming from?

·
Buick Hypochondriac
3,236 Posts
Thanks Paul that's the clearest description of how to adjust it that I've read yet.
Anything I can do to check the lockup solenoid u mentioned?

I find it odd because on the way to the show yesterday everything seemed fine/normal and then on the way home it was acting up.

Also found a small puddle of oil under the car that I have to investigate. Motor oil not trans fluid. In the middle towards the back of the engine. Looks like there's some on the crossover exhaust pipe. Any ideas where that could be coming from?
Rear main seal most likely. Common problem on these cars. Rather easy to fix but somewhat time consuming.

On the driver's side of the trans there is a square electrical plug. Unplug it and drive the car and see what happens. Its just for you TTC as Paul mentioned and wont hurt anything. You just wont have lockup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts