Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
fantasy tuner/investor
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a summer of struggling with transmission problems, Turbogus managed to get out with the new trans. He put down some respectable new times compared to his previous results, an decrease of 3 seconds in the 1/4 and increase of 11 mph in the 1/8". However, some bugs did appear to pop up beyond the capability of any engine management system to control.

1. The hobb switch for the 2nd pump was not being activated .
2. The FP hose on the regulator came off also.

These 2 events would have been catastrophic to any engine if the fuel system could not add enough fuel in to keep the motor running rich enough. The fast system and the tuner saved this 20k engine. The tune with proper fuel pressure was almost BANG on, with no data logs to set up this tune is simply an outstanding feat. The engine throttle response is absolutely a pleasure to drive. Due to illness I could not attend fine tune things.

Turbogus can fill us in on the details!

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
News flash more possible improvements could be in the future if the canadian tire mufflers and crimped 2-1/4" pipes could be upgraded to something like this:

Exhaust Sys. & Parts
That was what I was gonna get for my car...but JB Racing set me up with an ATR SS dual setup with Pitbulls. RJC sells some real nice stuff.

·
fantasy tuner/investor
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That was what I was gonna get for my car...but JB Racing set me up with an ATR SS dual setup with Pitbulls. RJC sells some real nice stuff.
This is why your car runs 10s, you got all the goodies. Those pitbullls flow gang busters, but the 3" cross flow has no drone. I think this would wake up Gus's car when we turn up the wick to 30+ psi, if we can get the 10 year old doubler pumper to keep up enough fp.:dunno: He will need to support 1.4 [email protected] psi

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Exhaust

News flash more possible improvements could be in the future if the canadian tire mufflers and crimped 2-1/4" pipes could be upgraded to something like this:

Exhaust Sys. & Parts
Norbs i put that system on a customers car two years ago and what fit and sounds amazing and the performance from what i hear is he can't keep ET Streets on the ground at any boost level ,But the cars got a P 70 Trim Turbo, Big FM Cooler and a new 215/220 roller cam on a fully built motor.:headbang:

·
fantasy tuner/investor
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think Gus should get you to install this so he is ready for next year, if he waits the price will go up in the spring, especially shipping prices go up each year. This system has no drone I'm told, the car would be awesome. The Bum has a good exhaust, so I don;t think this will help him much...:dunno: Bt a 71 HPQ turbo needs to breathe............

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Gus

I think Gus should get you to install this so he is ready for next year, if he waits the price will go up in the spring, especially shipping prices go up each year. This system has no drone I'm told, the car would be awesome. The Bum has a good exhaust, so I don;t think this will help him much...:dunno: Bt a 71 HPQ turbo needs to breathe............
I'am here any time when he whats it done.

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
i have to admit even with all the problems i had that day i am stiil pleased the car went 127 mph with low boost:cheers:
Gus,

Your ET is great but your MPH is phenomenal for that boost level, GREAT work. :headbang:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
this car will go [email protected] !!!!!!!!!
Come on Norbs. Your car will run 8s:crazy: This car here will do EASY 9s :rolleyes: Never mind playing "Houdini". Let the damm car do the talking !! Sound's like the typical "woulda, coulda, shoulda's OR CAN'T":sw:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Gus,

Your ET is great but your MPH is phenomenal for that boost level, GREAT work. :headbang:
Agreed, should easily be a 130+ mph trap speed when all finished up.
Just takes a lot of track time & patience. Won't happen in 1 track day.

·
Turbo Buick Noob...
61 Posts
I've got a brand new RJC 3' DP ready to rock this spring. I'm going to likely go with the RJC 3' exhaust as well, get her breathing for 2014. I figure I'll do it all in one shot, I get my stuff shipped to my neighbours place in Florida and he brings it up for me. I notice quite a bit of sneeze from my 49 with my current setup.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
I've got a brand new RJC 3' DP ready to rock this spring. I'm going to likely go with the RJC 3' exhaust as well, get her breathing for 2014. I figure I'll do it all in one shot, I get my stuff shipped to my neighbours place in Florida and he brings it up for me. I notice quite a bit of sneeze from my 49 with my current setup.
Make sure the puck you have on yours is the 1 5/8th's. If it isn't...get one from Jason. The new CEA turbos put out absolutely silly HP at low boost...and you'll need the biggie puck to control it.

·
Turbo Buick Noob...
61 Posts
Make sure the puck you have on yours is the 1 5/8th's. If it isn't...get one from Jason. The new CEA turbos put out absolutely silly HP at low boost...and you'll need the biggie puck to control it.
AFAIK the 1 5/8th's puck is standard on his DP's...I'll probably try to port the 49 and take advantage of that monster puck...looking forward to spring!!

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Come on Norbs. Your car will run 8s:crazy: This car here will do EASY 9s :rolleyes: Never mind playing "Houdini". Let the damm car do the talking !! Sound's like the typical "woulda, coulda, shoulda's OR CAN'T":sw:
Several things have to happen for this car to run even decently:

Replace the defective coil pack to cure the engine miss.

Put a set of matching spark plugs in the car...with the proper heat range.

Line lock

When you install an XFI program with the timing set for 116 octane...then you drain the 94 in the tank...and dump in the C16. Mixing the two together lowered the octane...and that's why it knocked all the way down the track.

Less restrictive exhaust system.

A laptop to record data. Guessing is never a good idea.

Turn the boost up...you ain't gonna crack the 9's without turning the wick up.

Norbs has XFI logs from several members in the GTA which shows their TPS readings low after launch...which means the G forces on launch are scaring them. If you're afraid of launching...and you won't max your turbo out...then you won't reach your cars potential.

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
Turn the boost up...you ain't gonna crack the 9's without turning the wick up.

If you're afraid of launching...and you won't max your turbo out...then you won't reach your cars potential.

So true !!! I will say my Buick/Mazda got my attention launching it. BUT after DRIVING the car all summer I know what to expect. What will the car do at the track ???? Have no idea. Butt dyno's are not to accurate. :D

·
fantasy tuner/investor
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This thread is going to be reality I said it would happen and Gus is almost there...:poon:

Once we get the cross flow exhaust in, and solid fuel flow....this car will go [email protected], if not I'll drive It I'm not scar ed of boost!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
This thread is going to be reality I said it would happen and Gus is almost there...:poon:

Once we get the cross flow exhaust in, and solid fuel flow....this car will go [email protected], if not I'll drive It I'm not scar ed of boost!!!!!!!!!
This is a year old thread :dunno: So when are ya goin to "DO" it ??? Next year ?? :dunno:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts