Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The month of May is fast approaching.

Is anyone planning on attending this years event at :6: Richard Clarks :6: in North Carolina? :dunno:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
well the TAI class has a full 16 car field BUT thats if they all show up. Doesn't seem to be much activity otherwise. Shane has sure tried to get this off the ground. I think he said this would be the last year if it didn't get more people down there. :eek: Is the Buick world getting smaller ??? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Dan,

That would be ashame if this event was cancelled!
For anyone that's never been, they gotta make the trip & attend. You will be truly amazed. Like a kid in a candy store.

Richard Clark is a gracious host & his facility will blow you away!
I know that Shane & the group have worked very hard to make this event better, every year, so.......Do yourself a favour & make the trip........Let's have a great show of support for all the hard work & planning that go into this fantastic event!

I've booked my room at the Host Hotel already....just trying to decide if I should drive or maybe fly down & rent a car this year?

Might have room for a passenger to join me (if I drive).....would be helpful to split the gas.

dave

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Show and go Fast

Hey Dan,

That would be ashame if this event was cancelled!
For anyone that's never been, they gotta make the trip & attend. You will be truly amazed. Like a kid in a candy store.

Richard Clark is a gracious host & his facility will blow you away!
I know that Shane & the group have worked very hard to make this event better, every year, so.......Do yourself a favour & make the trip........Let's have a great show of support for all the hard work & planning that go into this fantastic event!

I've booked my room at the Host Hotel already....just trying to decide if I should drive or maybe fly down & rent a car this year?

Might have room for a passenger to join me (if I drive).....would be helpful to split the gas.

dave

That's the problem with these cars 25 years and counting, and like anything else it's a dying off, It's just like up here no one races any more, Dave instead of being a spectator and drive all that way to look and watch, why don,t you trailer your car down and help the guys out and see what your car will do, You have everything on that car except the kitchen sink.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I was thinking about driving the cutlass down to this event it seems that it has opened up to all gbodys this year from what I heard on gbodyfourm.com

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
show and shine

I was thinking about driving the cutlass down to this event it seems that it has opened up to all gbodys this year from what I heard on gbodyfourm.com
Just remember if it breaks down there you better have a lot of cash to get it home on the hook, That's if they can fix it and they can get the parts.

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
I know that Shane & the group have worked very hard to make this event better, every year, so......

dave

ohhhh ya !!! Shane def stepped up to the plate with this event. Seems like a lot will say they are goin then they change their mind :dunno: Hell I won the free tickets last year and I had to cancel because my MIL got sick. This year I am still recovering from a knee replacement. Maybe it's to early for guys to come out ?? Really hard to say why this hasn't taken off.
So hopefully it will pay off for him this year !!!! :headbang:

·
Darth your car is ready!
326 Posts
Hey Dave, did you get my pm?

·
Registered
637 Posts
So do any of you guys actully drive your GN's the whole way?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
show and shine

So do any of you guys actully drive your GN's the whole way?
They only go has far as the donut shop, our the car shows around town.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
That's the problem with these cars 25 years and counting, and like anything else it's a dying off, It's just like up here no one races any more, Dave instead of being a spectator and drive all that way to look and watch, why don,t you trailer your car down and help the guys out and see what your car will do, You have everything on that car except the kitchen sink.
I'd love to take the car down, but don't have a truck or trailer.......Need to fine tune the car first & do a some shake down runs since installing the PowerLogger last fall.....looking forward to getting the wide band correction set up at WOT first. Don't think I'll have the car out of storage much before the trip down to North Carolina.
Some day soon though Dan........will definitely take it to the track for a couple of runs....

I was planning on driving the car down to BPG in August though. Just need to get the A/C working first....it's hot as hell in August at this event.

:cheers:

dave

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
blank
2,898 Posts
They only go has far as the donut shop, our the car shows around town.:cheers:
That pretty funny Dan.

ESPECIALLY Funny how the donut eater won $250 for being the farthest driven GN last year.

paid for all my gas.

·
Registered
637 Posts
So I want to know who exactly is going I'm thinking about trailering up my car maybe we could get a convoy of candians going and if we have a break down or something we could give each other a hand.

I'm still thinking about driving the car.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
That pretty funny Dan.

ESPECIALLY Funny how the donut eater won $250 for being the farthest driven GN last year.

paid for all my gas.
Amazing how I see you guys at BPG every year but I guess that doesn't count either??? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ditto!

I've had to pull the chute (so to speak) and have abandoned plans to go to this years event. Hopefully will go to next years.

I've got a couple of torque convertors that need to be flushed. If there's anyone local going down that would be able to flush these at Richards'....I'd be happy to chip in some gas money & maybe a little extra for some brewskis.

thanks

dave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts