Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my motor back together and took it for a test drive, man it runs awesome but after a few seconds of the turbo winding up, the turbo starts smoking,( I still have the hood of to monitor everything) I have a new oil feed line on it, and oil pressure seems fine, the motor has fresh oil in it, Any ideas out there?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
oil leak? check the drain line carefully....they crack easily plus some of the gaskets don't seal well.

·
Retired
1,966 Posts
AND, you'll get a lot of smoke from all over the engine compartment after a fresh engine install. From the grease and oils on your hands, this gets on the headers, and turbo, and make for a lot of smoke for a while.

------------------
TurboDave mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
TurboD Racing
Lone Rock, WI
86 GN[email protected](MAF Xlator+/Extender,BstC Boost Command,THDP,PTE44,CAS V2FM,MSD50's,9.5"vigilante 3500)
87 GN [email protected](Stock)
84 Z28 L69
01 Excursion LTD TTS"race" chip 7.3L PSD(power stroke diesel) Turbo 4X2
My photo albums

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all the oil and paint that was on the exhaust stuff should have been burned off, i've had it running to test and tune everything and break in run time, one of my buddies brought up and interesting point, is there oil seals inside the turbo that might be leaking? The turbo sounds fine, just smokes bad after 5 seconds of winding up, and then it spits ALOT of smoke out the exhaust pipes behind me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts