Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just putting the finishing touches on my engine before I drop it back in the GN and need to buy turbo oil feed and return lines, as well and figure out the brass block for the oil pressure switch and turbo feed line. Who makes the nicest looking/ best performing oil feed and return lines for the turbo (running a T70BB Turbonetics turbo and ATR headers). Also, where can I get that brass block that threads into the pass side of the block? Is it best to use a factory hard line to feed the turbo, or go to something stainless? I like the look of the -an fitting better, but I want whatever performs the best! I also need to plumb in an auto meter oil sending unit. Isthe factory oil pressure switch necessary, or can I just get rid of it? I think it just runs the idiot light, but I cant remember for sure. Any imput and sources to buy the parts would be appreciated!

Thanks

Gino

·
Registered
6,105 Posts

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
If you're going to use an electrical oil pressure gauge, you can do this:

Attachments

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
As Chris said you can hook up the idiot lite, sending unit or mech line & turbo feed. With that turbo double check on the Return being long enuf! You may need a custom one or add block to extend it. There were some posts about it a few months back.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Here's another picture. William Brophy told me it looked stupid on an angle. He told me to straighten it out our he would straighten me out.

Attachments

·
It's me, really
1,892 Posts
Gino, a piece of brake line makes a great turbo feed for like $2 and works just as well as OEM. If you are using a mechanical gauge you can feed it from the top of the turbo. A male 1/8" NPT tee with 1 female inverted flare and one 1/8" female NPT hole with a 90° 1/8" male/inverted flare fitting on top of it will supply both the turbo and a mechanical gauge. I could take a picture if you need one; gotta remove my shield to do so. It works good.
Also there are planty of turbo sites that sell a return line plate for the bottom of the turbo that is threaded. You make up a braided hose and off you go. It can be inexpensive if you do a little legwork.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great info. Thanks guys! I have a NOS oil feed line here somewhere, I just have to see if it works with the T70. I do like the look of braided though...
As far as gauges, I think I am going to run both a mechanical and electric gauge, just for accuracy. I'm going to mount the mechanical one by the turbo just like you said john and run the other one into the console for monitoring in the car.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
JohnLarkin said:
I took a couple of pics to help you along. Look how the line snakes along the valve cover (it's silver). Just realized the Tee is not made with a female inverted flare, bad memory. You need a 1/8" NPT adapter for the Tee. Simple enough; $5 worth of brass fittings.
Nice job John. :yup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts