Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had problems with new chip, wont idle when cold.Here's what came out on turbo link. Closed loop IAC 26 LV8 27 TPS .42 MAS AIR FLO 3g/s O2CC 20 INT 132 BLK LRN 150 MAT 97.5 PROM 1966 COOLANT TEMP 169 RPM 750 BATTERY VOLTAGE 13.5 The car runs fine after it is warm, but before that it is running rich. Does anyone see anything that is out of adjustment. You'd think I pissed in Jim's corn flakes, when I said I think the chip mite be bad. Now he wont talk to me. I'm not here to piss anyone off it just seems to be what I do best. A little help please. Thank you John powersix

·
Registered
123 Posts
It seems that most of these cars dont idle too well when their cold. When my car is cold it runs in open loop and dosent idle too well either. I just wait for it to warm up and go into closed loop. Many chip burners seem to have idle problems with the 009's. The person who seems to have their burning skills right when it comes to 009's is Red Armstrong. I've had the best experience with him. Everyone's car is different try different chips and see which one works best. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts