Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a turbo leak on the housing where the downpipe bolts up to the turbo.one of the screws are stripped.. my question is this bad driving with a turbo leak... will this hurt my gas mileage? when i drive it i still get boost .. i also can hear the turbo leak when i give it gas and when i drive..is it bad driving it like this?

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Nope. After all the important stuff.

Think of it as a mini dump pipe.

Try running a tap through the bolt threads it might help hold.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Well i would say yes if you keep driving it to long it will damaging the header & you will never get it to seal with out having it machined"My self I would pull the turbo off & get that bolt hole retapped & check the flatness of both header & turbo flanges.

But thats just MHO & what i would do.

------------------
Keith Davis--Moneypit 86GN,Astroroof,DigDash'TTA crank,Ported polished heads & matched intake'TRW .30 forged pistons & PT51 Turbo,Manly SS valves,CC 206-206 cam'Postons headers,Orange stripe conv.THDP,2 1/2 exhaust'Hooker comp. mufflers'SMC alky,Boost command,Scanmaster2,MSD50 inj,Nitto DR's 275/50/15,All the braces,All gauges VDO.
12.8 @ 102 is with stock setup no times for new setup yet.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Yes, Keith is right...I think....
it will erode the surfaces around the leak with time....probably take awhile as the gases are cooling down but I would pull it and fix it if simply running a tap thru does not do the trick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts