Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I have a Turbo on my 87 Engine that I am trying to identify.

It is Marked Garrett on the Exhaust Annulus and AR .63, Cast Lettering M3, and G2

There are NO Markings or tags on Turbo or the Inlet Annulus other than, hand written 322 on the Discharge Annulus Back Plate, Inlet Bore is 2.280” (57.91mm), Impeller O.D. 2.950” (74.93mm), 12 Blades, a raised "A" on the inlet impeller for Air Research, the numbers 786 in raised numbers on the impeller.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance for any help.

Dusty

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hello All

It is Marked Garrett on the Exhaust Annulus and AR .63, Cast Lettering M3, and G2

There are NO Markings or tags on Turbo or the Inlet Annulus other than, hand written 322 on the Discharge Annulus Back Plate, Inlet Bore is 2.280” (57.91mm), Impeller O.D. 2.950” (74.93mm), 12 Blades, a raised "A" on the inlet impeller for Air Research, the numbers 786 in raised numbers on the impeller.

Dusty
sometimes there is a sticker around the cold side flange that would be covered by your up pipe rubber hose. Mine had one but most probably are removed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello All

Dusty
Don't know how I missed this earlier, but there is CCE44 engraved on the turbo air discharge annulus.

I have also found that the engine has 42# injectors installed also.

What would be a good estimate on the Horse Power output for the engine based on this. The rest of the engine looks to be in stock form, the cam looks to have been installed for quite awhile as the lifters are dished some.

Again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dusty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts