Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, one of the local guys here have a turbo charged civic, he took me for a ride in it. That thing was pretty quick, but noisy. It was like riding in a rocket propelled go kart. lol He said that he has gone 12.8 or something like that. Either way the thing was quick. I would definately be willing to get something like that as a daily beater. And I think he gets lik 30/gallon or so. Im sure I will be seeing more of him. I met him on www.maconracers.org. Its really just a bunch of local guys, and a few GNs :6: :cheers:

·
Keep the Rubber Side Down
1,161 Posts
Let me start by saying I LOVE Hondas as daily drivers. Let me also say I'm trying not to second guess you or your friend, BUT ( :D ) 12.8 would suprise me.

Car have an interior? Running on slicks at the track? Break any half shafts yet? Stock Civic motor or engine swap?

Reason I am so sceptical is I have a good friend who turboed a real Type R, car screamed, but couldn't put down any real numbers at the track, and I've seen big $$ supercharged civics barely produce mid to high 15's at the track....

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
larobj63 said:
Let me start by saying I LOVE Hondas as daily drivers. Let me also say I'm trying not to second guess you or your friend, BUT ( :D ) 12.8 would suprise me.

Car have an interior? Running on slicks at the track? Break any half shafts yet? Stock Civic motor or engine swap?

Reason I am so sceptical is I have a good friend who turboed a real Type R, car screamed, but couldn't put down any real numbers at the track, and I've seen big $$ supercharged civics barely produce mid to high 15's at the track....
I hear you, he swapped in an engine. I will see if I can find info for ya.
http://www.maconracers.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4574

http://www.maconracers.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4623

·
1,161 Posts
Ah, the plot thickens.... Interesting because another friend with rice in his blood has a Del Sole with a 95 GSR motor, NA though.... Have yet to ride in it....

·
Registered
177 Posts
its a civic hatch, has a gsr swap. pushes 10 psi, full interior. he ran the 12.95 with street tires. no nitto's just plain ol street tires. he plans on running with slicks soon but hasent has a chance. he is a good friends of mine and helps me on my GN when i need it. but yes its definitly a sleeper. and its hella fast. he also has a diff tranny in it. not sure of what brand or anything i just know it has short gears. not interstate friendly, but still manages 32 mpg on and off throttle. its a beast. it made me wanna **** myself when i rode to atl with him for a site meet. he managed a 14.0 with out the turbo, and usually drives it daily. he has only had minor problems like radiator leaks, oil leak... etc. with it. all except the radiator are fixed as of right now. its definitly not ur ordinary honda.

Jeremy :cheers:

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
yeah, but it's still a Honduh Civic.....

:6:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Purple87SS said:

:6:
Whats wrong with it being a Honda Civic?
I love my GN, but there is nothing wrong with someone having something else thats not a GN and thats fast. Someone could be saying the same thing about our cars, "yeah but its still a BUICK REGAL"

·
1,161 Posts
charleslong said:
Whats wrong with it being a Honda Civic?
I love my GN, but there is nothing wrong with someone having something else thats not a GN and thats fast. Someone could be saying the samething about our cars, "yeah but its still a BUICK REGAL"
AMEN.

Go to a local car forum and see how many people blast you for having a domestic mullet machine....

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Years ago, I was out at the track and running low 13s, and went heads up against a Hondo. He did run a 12.xx, and beat me. Later on as we were leaving, he *was* going to pass me pulling onto the main street leaving the track. Key word, *was*. While under the ideal circumstances that the trac offered, once we hit *normal* asphalt, and were going from a roll, it wasn't a contest. At the next light, we had a chat, he thought I was somehow in a different car, since he'd beat me earlier, and just thought this would have been a gimme...

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
i hate honda's.. but i have respect for them the ones that are quick. as long as they dont have the ricer additude then its cool. i guess thats mainly why i hang out with the vw people? :dunno:

·
1,161 Posts
Vw's, now there's some tire melting, corner carving fun.... :rolleyes:

Audi's are nice, but I haven't been impressed with any VW's I've road in....

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
larobj63 said:
Vw's, now there's some tire melting, corner carving fun.... :rolleyes:

Audi's are nice, but I haven't been impressed with any VW's I've road in....
my brothers car (03 GTI 1.8t) stock internals GT28RS did a 13.08 @114 on street tires. he has a 3" turbo back exhaust and a electric boost controler with bigger injectors, cheepo ebay fmic and a VR6 clutch and a REVO big tubo kit

when he had a stock turbo just the revo chip boost controler and everything else the same he went 14.00 many times but the launch hurt him.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Nothing wrong with a fast grocery getter! There is some fast ones here. One guy went 11.6'[email protected] in his. The thing with the Civic is your going to have to mod everything from tranny to axles. The guy that ran 11.6 went through 6 axles in one season. But still an impressive vehicle!

·
General Useless POS
1,801 Posts
charleslong said:
Hey guys, one of the local guys here have a turbo charged civic, he took me for a ride in it. That thing was pretty quick, but noisy. It was like riding in a rocket propelled go kart. lol He said that he has gone 12.8 or something like that. Either way the thing was quick. I would definately be willing to get something like that as a daily beater. And I think he gets lik 30/gallon or so. Im sure I will be seeing more of him. I met him on www.maconracers.org. Its really just a bunch of local guys, and a few GNs :6: :cheers:
Theres a couple up by me. First I thought it was just a fartcan, then I heard the whistle and the tires break loose. Man, a stock Civic has decent torquesteer, I cant imagine a turbo'd one! Must be a handful!

·
Registered
10 Posts
hello ppl! my name is matt. i drive the turbo civic. i just joined to clear some things up and reply to a few posts. i just recently started running 10psi. i was running 7 spi when i went [email protected] i drive this car to work and all that. its very reliable, has cold a/c, hot heat, and gets 30 mpg even with spirited driving. none of you have to beleive what charles or jeremy say...its all up to you. if you thinks its impossible then maybe one day you will be in middle georgia and we can all go to the track and run and compare timeslips. now on to the replies!

larobj63 said:
Let me start by saying I LOVE Hondas as daily drivers. Let me also say I'm trying not to second guess you or your friend, BUT 12.8 would suprise me.

wow, sounds like you got some folks where you are from that really dont know what they are doing! i did not go 12.8. i did nowever pull a [email protected] with a not so hot 2.2 60'. did the car have interior? - yes, full interior. running on slicks? - no, running on 195/50/15 falken ziex512s. break any half shafts? - no...highly unlikely. cv shaft on the other hand very likley but has not happend yet. i have only seen one half shaft break and this guy is in atlanta. 680whp civic hatch. ive had good freinds running as fast as 11.60's on auto zone specials! stock civic motor? - no but it is a stock integra gsr motor with 120,000 miles! as for the supercharged civics...well as im sure you know, it takes power to make power on a supercharger..guess what our tiny 4-bangers dont have to begin with??? power. superchargers are parasitic power adders. i too have bnever really seen a supercharged 4-banger that really impressed me.....especially considering that you can turbo the same motor and go faster.

Purple87SS said:
and it runs low 13's high 12's with a off the shelf turbo kit and a stock motor

firebird_1252 said:
as long as they dont have the ricer additude then its cool.
im lowered 2.5 inches on nuespeed race springs, and i have flat black wheels...thats it for the out side appearance. body kits and wings are ghey.

forzfed said:
Nothing wrong with a fast grocery getter! There is some fast ones here. One guy went 11.6'[email protected] in his. The thing with the Civic is your going to have to mod everything from tranny to axles. The guy that ran 11.6 went through 6 axles in one season. But still an impressive vehicle!
i have a stock gsr trans, with only a flywheel and clutch. internally the trans is bone stock with honda trans fluid. my freind had a 400whp gsr integra that went [email protected] he was launching at 7000 rpms on m&h racemaster 22" slicks. never broke one axel. he broke more axels all motor on slicks that he did boosted on slicks.

TurboJim said:
Theres a couple up by me. First I thought it was just a fartcan, then I heard the whistle and the tires break loose. Man, a stock Civic has decent torquesteer, I cant imagine a turbo'd one! Must be a handful!
it is :headbang:

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
thats kinda like my brothers car. his car looks like a dead stock GTI. it is lowerd a inch due to he needed new springs and aparently the springs he put in the car were cheeper then replacements. he has polished monte's (wheels that i guess you can say kinda looklike ZQ8's. he shaved all badges offhis car except the VW one in the back and replaced the GTI badge with a turbo badge from a cyanne or whatever that porche truck is. he has 1 single 3" exhaust tip thats not loud at all untill you stand on it. in the front he did the best he could to hide the FMIC. the car is bad and nasty. lol art chinn has seen it and so has sick-o-six.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
japan4racing said:
i have a stock gsr trans, with only a flywheel and clutch. internally the trans is bone stock with honda trans fluid. my freind had a 400whp gsr integra that went [email protected] he was launching at 7000 rpms on m&h racemaster 22" slicks. never broke one axel. he broke more axels all motor on slicks that he did boosted on slicks.
I find it hard to believe he broke more axels N/A but now that he's making more torque and power he hasn't! The civic that was running 11.6's here did it on 16psi and dynoed 500rwhp on 20psi so he's making a lot of power out of that motor. Up here for the fastest street car shoot out they put the 6's in with the 4's. My one buddy took out a mid 12 sec Honda because he blew his tranny. All I'm saying is the cars weren't intended for boost and have some weak parts to be issued but they can definitely make power. :yup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
axels are def. the weak point..next in line is the trans. im not gonna argue with you on that. the reason why he broke more all motor is simple. when launching off the line he is still spinning with the turbo set-up. all motor it was hooking and hooking hard. what breaks the axels and the trans are extreme shocks to them. stock axels can hold over 800whp if you dont shock them (aka...dont have fun). when he was launching at 7k with the turbo set-up it would spin a bit and grab and go. im not saying that everyone on earth is gonna break more all stuff motor than if they were boosted. im was just saying that he was breaking more on a n/a setup.

here are 2 pics of the teg...may it R.I.P.

and 3 very shitty and old pics of my car. my car is all green now and ill try to find a engine pic for yall.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Maybe it's time for an alchy kit for the street? :)

·
1,161 Posts
japan4racing said:
wow, sounds like you got some folks where you are from that really dont know what they are doing! i did not go 12.8. i did nowever pull a [email protected] with a not so hot 2.2 60'. did the car have interior? - yes, full interior. running on slicks? - no, running on 195/50/15 falken ziex512s. break any half shafts? - no...highly unlikely. cv shaft on the other hand very likley but has not happend yet. i have only seen one half shaft break and this guy is in atlanta. 680whp civic hatch. ive had good freinds running as fast as 11.60's on auto zone specials! stock civic motor? - no but it is a stock integra gsr motor with 120,000 miles! as for the supercharged civics...well as im sure you know, it takes power to make power on a supercharger..guess what our tiny 4-bangers dont have to begin with??? power. superchargers are parasitic power adders. i too have bnever really seen a supercharged 4-banger that really impressed me.....especially considering that you can turbo the same motor and go faster.

I didn't mean to sound like it wasn't possible... but I did call the motor swap, didn't I? I just know Civics never came with a very good foundation for power under the hood - the GSR motor is a different animal altogether...

Your car would smoke mine, so I'll be staying away from Georgia :usa:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts