Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a brainstorm the other day and I thought I'd run it buy you guys. If I picked up a cheap stock turbo that needed a rebuild, how much would a good rebuild cost? could I get it upgraded at all. I'd like to be able to have a turbo that could kick out a little more boost than stock. I have heard of porting a stocker, but is there anything else I could do to upgrade it. I don't want to buy a brand new turbo at this point in time.
Next question. Is there a decent gain in putting a big neck on the stock IC? My car is sitting in a garage right now so it would be a good time to have it done. Is there any place that I could send my stock unit to have it modified? I don't have the tools to do it myself. My combo is in my sig.

------------------
Ben Pinkin

White 87 T T-Tops
THDP, Hot-wired Walbro 307, Adj. FP reg., Scanmaster II, K&N,Dual 2.5 Ultraflow Exhaust,JC 93 Chip, (SMC alchy kit and blue-tops to be installed in spring)

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Instead of paying for a used stock turbo, then paying to have it rebuilt with diff wheels why not just call and buy a 49/44/51 and be done with it. Then you can use your stocker as a backup and you wont belive the diff with the new turbo

------------------
Mike Schoenfeld

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about the IC mod? Worth doing? I won't be getting a V4 anytime soon, so that's out of the question right now.

------------------
Ben Pinkin

White 87 T T-Tops
THDP, Hot-wired Walbro 307, Adj. FP reg., Scanmaster II, K&N,Dual 2.5 Ultraflow Exhaust,JC 93 Chip, (SMC alchy kit and blue-tops to be installed in spring)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts