Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What "tuning" can you really do at the track if you are using a production ECM? I know the standard suspension and launch tuning techniques, but how can you change the engine running conditions unless you burn a new chip?

Can you change the A/F by changing the fuel pressure and then rebooting the ECM?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
110 Octane and 26 psi. Is this all that can be done without chip burning equipment?

Any experience with the FAST system? How easy is it to change A/F and spark?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
My statment was the adjustments you have are fuel pressure and boost to tune.
You try to tune for as much boost as you can for the octane you are running without knock. That is what I consider tuning with the normal setup.
I think what you are wanting is to make A/F and timing adjustments.
You can make some adjustments with the translator-plus and and extender chip and from my understanding you can on the Maxeffort chip as well.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Extensive fuel adjustments with a Max Effort and generally, a couple of timing options. No accident that a TSM car running the ME-R was right there at the head of the pack in the nines this year at Bowling Green.

Extender/translator offer tuning options in fuel and timing as well.

Cannot normally adjust fueling with a conventional chip unless cell 15 has been locked. Otherwise changes in fuel pressure are countered by the ecm and you soon end up where you started.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts