Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
So easy cavemen can do it
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys i believe my code 44 problem has been solved by just a chip change...i finally got my extender chip today, put it in and WOW i have never ever seen my car idle so smooth...it doesn't die anymore when you cold start it...rpms don't jump way up when you first start it...finally got the iac counts to go down in the 20's without opening the throttle blade too much...off idle stumble when you accelerate is gone...car idles for minutes and minutes without throwing a code at me...i am finally getting cross counts and healthy and active o2 mvs with the o2 sensor...spoolup is even faster...i can go on and on about this chip!!! i can't believe all the chips i have gone through and not one of them cured my problems...i guess these regular chips aren't programmed correctly for a ls1 maf sensor and translator box...

i do have one question though...at idle engine warm...i noticed my blm is stuck at 160 (it never went higher than 150 before)...integrator is always around 128 during idle...when i cruise both numbers are around 128...why does the blm stay at 160 this time? my car still smells a tad rich at idle but not as bad as before...phew just wondering if i still have a problem somewhere or is that 160 blm number normal at dead idle?

also it says to set the fuel pressure at 45...it doesn't specify line on or off...right now it's at 40 line on...

another thing...when i cruise and say i let off the throttle or brake...the fuel pressure gauge bounces all over the place from 30-40...why does it do that? it never did that before? it stays steady when i am cruising...

·
Retired
1,966 Posts
Well, the fuel pressure thing is a direct function of manifold pressure/vacuum. So for what ever reason, under the conditions you specified, it sounds like your manifold vacuum is fluctuating. Do you have a vacuum gauge to test things with? That's why I like my compound boost/vacuum gauge. Tells all!

As for the 160 BLM at idle. Make sure all your Translator settings are correct (MAF BASE, DIP switches, etc).
Or, you have a vacuum leak, or pre turbo exhaust leak/crack.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts