Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First , congratulations to Dave Fiscus for the win in TSO, that is one FAST HEAVY car! It appeared the car count in TSO was much lower than in years past. Does anyone know how many entrants there were? If this class is to survive, the rules will have to be opened up a bit (in my opinion). Ridiculous rules like "stock turbo orientation" need to be reviewed and the balance of the class rules should not be dictated by one or two people. This WAS a very exciting OUTLAW class, I hate to see it go the direction the TSE class has.

·
Registered
117 Posts
EightSecV6 said:
First , congratulations to Dave Fiscus for the win in TSO, that is one FAST HEAVY car! It appeared the car count in TSO was much lower than in years past. Does anyone know how many entrants there were? If this class is to survive, the rules will have to be opened up a bit (in my opinion). Ridiculous rules like "stock turbo orientation" need to be reviewed and the balance of the class rules should not be dictated by one or two people. This WAS a very exciting OUTLAW class, I hate to see it go the direction the TSE class has.
What happened to you guys? I was there Wed and had to turn around and leave for personal reasons :mad: In 30 hours I spent 18 in the truck and 12 at the track. I know Cal and Dave made it but was there any new blood? I saw OC did he race TSO?

Joe Lubrant- car not finished
Tony Gomes- went TSM
Otto- wasn't finished
Jack-?? I heard he was broken :dunno:
You Guys went TSM
A whole bunch of potential cars ended up in TSL

What do you want to see happen with the rules? Finding a turbo rule has been a sticking point and more of an issue than the orientation. I know the GSCA wanted the turbo orientation rule for this year probably due to thier "stock appearing" hang up they seem to have with any new rule. Personally I say leave the rules alone for awhile. I really don't care what happens with the rules as long as I have somewhere to play. No matter what changes are made I'm not changing my car again, that is getting really old and chasing this class for pretty much nothing is also getting old. I don't see this going the way of TSE since the GSCA is not the only racing event running the class. But if it is going to survive we definitely need more organization and cooperation among racers. Not to be cross but lets hear some positive feedback and not the constant bickering we sat through like last year. I know some of the event promoters were turned off by all the bickering that went on on the BB's.

I'm looking forward to Norwalk and BPG are you guys planning to attend? It looks like Art has put together a nice little TSO race for Norwalk, BPG has nice payouts and we've had pretty good attendance for the last two years. Indy looks to be shaping up nicely. At least these races have something to race for. There is plenty of TSO racing left this year any chance of seeing you in any of them?

·
Registered
55 Posts
tso

bill, there were 6 tso entrees , gray car from maryland, len freemans friend, lyons, cal, dave and myself, only 4 showed up friday for qualifing , the guy from lasvegas [white car] broke and that left three, cal was low qualifier 8.98 or 8,89 i was second at 9.18 dave let off and i dont know exact et. cal got bye run, i run dave and i pulled the front up too high and let off in 2nd gear, pictures on turbobuick gsxexicement, dave won with a 8,83 i think , and he wont loan me any of his

winnings, :sw: :cheers: oc,

·
Registered
200 Posts
EightSecV6 said:
Bill,

First off AWSOME! job on that tsm car that thing was BADASS!!!! very impresive.About TSO I said it once I will say it again lets open up the rules I know you agree with me but some others we still need to convince 10.5 tire stock type suspension 3400 # any single turbo thats it period !

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Leave all the rules with the GSCA and race elsewhere. The class should be Outlaw as said above. One turbo, tire and weight and go race. Also this would make tech a 30 second inspection. :sw:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
ULYCYC said:
Leave all the rules with the GSCA and race elsewhere. The class should be Outlaw as said above. One turbo, tire, weight, and proper safety equipment and go race. Also this would make tech a 30 second inspection. :sw:
TSM needs to be reworked the same way. 109 Block, one turbo, tire, weight, and proper safety gear. Call it TX.

Then restore TSM to something more closely resembling a street car for all the Romes of the world that would be competitive in the high nines, low tens. :)

·
It's the goFUR
1,757 Posts
As last year I would like to be involved in any TSO rule making. I agree opening them up a little is OK, it is an outlaw class after all. I think the turbo size limit is just fine. If you let it be unlimited people are going to be putting 102's or 106's on their cars and once they get it to hook no one will catch them. Part of the fun is that anyone with a decent running car has a chance to win. If the class ends up having a spread of more than 2 seconds then you are going to lose the people running mid to high nine's. Currently they have more than a fair chance at winning against the faster guys. The turbo orientation rule is a joke in my opinion. The weights are fine in my opinion and should not change. maybe for next year we can work on tweaking the rules. lets face it, the cars are moving and fairly well defined. There are some areas that can be opened up. If the rule doesn't give any one racer a destince performance advantage then I say allow it!

OK, enough of that. Let's all have a fun race in Norwalk with a full 8 car field and good payouts thanks to our vendors!! Way more money on the line than in bg, by like a factor of four or five!!

Art.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TurboDiverArt said:
As last year I would like to be involved in any TSO rule making. I agree opening them up a little is OK, it is an outlaw class after all. I think the turbo size limit is just fine. If you let it be unlimited people are going to be putting 102's or 106's on their cars and once they get it to hook no one will catch them. Part of the fun is that anyone with a decent running car has a chance to win. If the class ends up having a spread of more than 2 seconds then you are going to lose the people running mid to high nine's. Currently they have more than a fair chance at winning against the faster guys. The turbo orientation rule is a joke in my opinion. The weights are fine in my opinion and should not change. maybe for next year we can work on tweaking the rules. lets face it, the cars are moving and fairly well defined. There are some areas that can be opened up. If the rule doesn't give any one racer a destince performance advantage then I say allow it!

OK, enough of that. Let's all have a fun race in Norwalk with a full 8 car field and good payouts thanks to our vendors!! Way more money on the line than in bg, by like a factor of four or five!!

Art.
Look out Art, if I get my ass kicked in TSM(that is the prediction from what I hear), I am stepping up to TSO and looking forward to collecting that prize money in order to pay my fuel expenses. In addition, I will be sporting my Cottons and Hartline windshield banners for a couple extra bucks!!!!! Looking forward to cheating and coming in WAY underweight......agian. boo hoo :D

·
It's the goFUR
1,757 Posts
EightSecV6 said:
Look out Art, if I get my ass kicked in TSM(that is the prediction from what I hear), I am stepping up to TSO and looking forward to collecting that prize money in order to pay my fuel expenses. In addition, I will be sporting my Cottons and Hartline windshield banners for a couple extra bucks!!!!! Looking forward to cheating and coming in WAY underweight......agian. boo hoo :D
Don't worry about weight, I'm sure teh scales in Norwalk work a little better than BG...

TSO is on Friday, TSM is on Sunday. You will have the opportunity to forst win TSO and then double up in TSM.

Bring me a rear window sticker, I want a chance to get your contingency money too! :D

Art.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts