Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night Dave Bamford ran a 9.23 in test & tune getting ready for today's TSM race with his 109 DLS-powered ride. :eek!:

Today the cars will be weighed and turbos inspected, qualifying and eliminations will be run. Looks like Dave will set the bar so high, there will be no catching him for a while. :cheers:

·
JR still sucks!
5,004 Posts
Great! As you said "Mean Scott" "there will be no catching him for a while."

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
9.23 :eek!: :eek!:

What was the MPH on that pass??

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dick Kerney made one pass Friday night. The motor spit out a sparkplug after the 1/8 mile mark. Car went [email protected] Not bad for five cylinders for the last half track.

Looks like someone brought Game for Bamford. Unfortunately, they could not get Dick's car running properly again and Bamford had an injector fail so he didn't show up in Round one..

Steve Sullivan had a bitterweet 9-second run last night. Bittersweet because today he scattered his motor someting aweful and prolly detroyed the transmission in the process. :(

Jason White met Roy Garcia in the final. Roy clicked off a 9.5x 1/4 mile pass to take the checkered flag.

·
Sponsorship Needed
780 Posts
Scott231 said:
Dick Kerney made one pass Friday night. The motor spit out a sparkplug after the 1/8 mile mark. Car went [email protected] Not bad for five cylinders for the last half track.

Looks like someone brought Game for Bamford. Unfortunately, they could not get Dick's car running properly again and Bamford had an injector fail so he didn't show up in Round one..

Steve Sullivan had a bitterweet 9-second run last night. Bittersweet because today he scattered his motor someting aweful and prolly detroyed the transmission in the process. :(

Jason White met Roy Garcia in the final. Roy clicked off a 9.5x 1/4 mile pass to take the checkered flag.

I was lined up with Sully when he oiled down the track.. That sucked because he let me leave first being nice to the slower guy, and I was going to let out of it at the 1/8th because his car was faster and he would win heads up.. When I let out he was way back and smoking badly.. I went to the finals where Roy wouldn't let me leave first :cheers: . I tried to cut the tree down and he drove passed me and let out with a [email protected]

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Scott231 said:
Wouldn't the car technically have been running on 4 cylinders for the last half of the track?? I assume he is still running a DIS system and if one plug is gone, how is the other plug in the path firing with out the circuit complete?? Either way that is pretty impressive, 9.6 @ almost 140!!! :eek!: :6: :eek!:

TSM has really grown since you and Lonnie conceived this class, good job in running it!!!! :yup: :cheers:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Jason, you kidding me ?

Give you the jump ? :sw: NO WAY ! :cool: You are too good of a driver ! :headbang: A couple of years ago at BG(TSE-9.42/144), I had the field covered by half a second. In the finals, by taking things for granted, I got my doors blown by my friend Bob Hinson :yup: I guess the lasson was, NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE COMPETITION :dunno: especially against a formidable driver :cheers: , YOU TOO GOOD, man ! :usa: Besides, I am geting too old. my reflexes are not what they used to be... I might give you the jump, and forget either to leave in first gear, or to leave at all :dunno:

Our goal for this event was to try to beat our 9.64 pass and got close, 9.65 but had a couple of things not go our way (IRON HEADED COMBO) of course. We'll see if we can improve on that, in that track rental on the 17th next month in Bradenton. :yup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts