Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking in to the valve cover extenders from RJC. for as much as they are i'm debating on just gettnig new covers for another $40 or so. but is this true?

"The problem with the aftermarket valve covers out there is once they have made them taller to clear the roller rockers you can't install them in the car. they won't fit between the A/C and the top of the rockers. They also do not have the gasket retention grooves so you have to juggle the gasket underneith them. They are a huge Pain in the A$$ to install and work with."

:confused:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
pretty much so

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn well i guess the extentions are the way to go. thanks steve :)

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
ummm I have used both .. both can be a PITA :yup: I just like the "stock" look :cool:

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
firebird_1252 said:
Damn well i guess the extentions are the way to go. thanks steve :)
What's the difference?
The top of the valve cover will still sit higher.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just liked the way they look. actualy i'll prolly still get them because i dont have a extra set of covers for the motor when i put it away (the one thats coming out)

·
lag,what is that?
2,715 Posts
I have the Kenne Bell tall valve covers and have never had a problem with the passenger side clearence being an issue. :dunno:

I use adhesive on the gasket to keep it in place on the valve cover before installing them and nothing on the gasket to head surface. :yup:

·
Dont visit foreign SITES
3,092 Posts
firebird_1252 said:
i just liked the way they look. actualy i'll prolly still get them because i dont have a extra set of covers for the motor when i put it away (the one thats coming out)
I can save you over 50%
I got a new set from the ATR auction $35 shipped.
Just need longer bolts and gaskets.
...You should really look in the parts for sale section you can save alot of money. :wink:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
The Radius Kid said:
What's the difference?
The top of the valve cover will still sit higher.
The difference is that you can roll the cover over and the bottom lip will clear..then you pull the spacer if you want to.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
steve, what do the ATR's look like?

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
clean?? :confused:

·
Registered
155 Posts
TA Performance is advertising a new cover that is supposed to clear roller rockers and still fit under the AC. They look pretty good.

John

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ohh :sw:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts