Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Where are you taking your transmission fluid to get rid of it?? I have plenty of places that take motor oil, but I cannot find one to take used trans fluid. Even the County waste dept only takes it twice a year, once in the spring and fall. Have you had any luck taking it to a aammco shop or something? They probably won't take since you didn't have your car worked on there???

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
thats why you go there late at night and leave it outside their door... :D

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
I thought AutoZone would take it? They do down here but maybe its a FL thing.

I hate to admit it but on times I've laced motor oil with ATF and anti-freeze just so I could get rid of it at the state and county DOT drops.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I tried autoZone and Advanced auto. No one is willing to take it?? Sounds like a midnight drop is coming to the aamco near me

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've always used the same container for trans fluid and oil and never had a problem getting rid of it at Checker...in the back of the store where the large container is the sign says no gas...diesel or antifreeze...when I asked if I could dump trans fluid in there they said "Yep"...not sure what the recycled stuff is used for but don't think it matters if it's trans fluid or oil...

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
2,327 Posts
I've always mixed it with oil... I assumed the re-refining process (if that's what they do with it) took care of all the "impurities" :dunno:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
thats BS that they wont take it- ive worked in a couple shops, and all my mechanic friends all have the same thing

2 containers

used antifreeze- green yellow dexcool whatever it is

and WASTE OIL

waste oil gets in it- gas, ATF, oil, gear lube, brake fluid, and whatever other fluids other then antifreeze we have :yup:

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Its the same deal as oil, shouldn't make a difference. Just tell them its oil...

OR find a shop that has a waste oil heater, I have a friend that has one and it burns everything... Oil, Trans, Gear, PS, Brake... Just don't mix coolant in it, thats the only hard fluid to get rid of.

The city built these drains in the street..... j/k :cool:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts