Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 3 row aluminum radiator and i had a 30 minute argument from GN1 representatives about fitment issues with the transmission cooler lines. the lines do not fit into the new rad and i got into a conversation with a fellow GN owner over how the lines go in the front.. Now i am in a quandary whether i will try to find a brass fitting and use a rubber hose, or custom make hard piped lines which will be a tight fit in the front. Is anyone using a hose or braided line to their radiators or does it work??

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Not sure if you wanna do this...but I'll throw it out there. I grabbed a B and M trans cooler. It came with brass fittings that screwed into the cooler lines. The fitting have stepped ends that fit over the rubber hose that goes to the trans cooler. I mounted the trans cooler on the X bracing in front of the rad. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What i fail to understand is that i am running bone stock for now, the rest is going on at the same time. But with this aluminum radiator, it has larger female holes for the trans cooler which i did not realize. but from what i am getting confused at is that i am being told that the trans cooler lines will have to run into the oil cooler holes. the way im seeing it is that wouldn't it be easier to find a brass fitting and locktight to run it from the back? or should i take heavy line, use a brass fitting for the hose in the back and run it that way. Now im close to 1000 in parts in the past 2 weeks which is whatever but i just want a reliable way to hook those transmission lines without a hose blowing off or preventing a custom job that will might not work the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd time. If youre confused, ill simplify it haha. Custom hard lines running from the front of the rad versus a heavy hose with a brass fitting from the back of the rad....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not sure if you wanna do this...but I'll throw it out there. I grabbed a B and M trans cooler. It came with brass fittings that screwed into the cooler lines. The fitting have stepped ends that fit over the rubber hose that goes to the trans cooler. I mounted the trans cooler on the X bracing in front of the rad. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
What size cooler did you use?

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.