Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM WONDERING ABOUT THIS TRANSLATOR PLUS IS IT
ANY GOOD?I WAS THINKING OF GETTING ONE FOR MY 87 powersix .ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. :confused: usa uzi silly

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I like mine :) If you are planning on diong some upgrades, and maybe putting alchy or propane injection in then that is the ticket! Both forms of injection like higher timing, but not all the time. Weather differences will cause you to back off the timing, and sometimes you just don't want all that power on the street as well. Put race gas in, and add 4 degrees timing. Also if you are not worried about the fast update you can run other chips. I run a Jay Carter that was made for alchy...

Mount the control unit in the cab for easy access. I used a strip of velcro as a hinge, and it opens, and snaps shut, and stays shut just fine.

Also the LT-1 mafs are easier to find, and the replacement mafs for our cars don't have a record for working all that well.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WHERE DID YOU ORDER YOUR TRANSLATOR FROM? usa uzi silly

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT WEBSITES I CAN LOOK AT
dunno dunno :confused: usa uzi silly

·
Registered
13 Posts
Get em straight from the source: www.ramchargers.com.

This is where I'm gonna be a nice guy and save you some money: When you order mention it's on the TB.com group purchase.

I just got my T+ and extender chip today. Can't wait to try it out, but a guy on the f-body board is jerking me around on an LS1 MAF (don't want to pay $150 for a new one).

·
Registered
743 Posts
T+ works great...even without a extender chip(although you'll be limited without it I'm told).

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WHAT IS AN EXTENDER CHIP dunno ? usa uzi silly

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
It is a chip that cuts the MAF reading in half to extend the resolution and fueling beyond the 255 limit of the stock system. Allows for more accurate fueling with higher air flow.

Also allows WOT fueling adjustments with the translator system.

+ in the translator system making it a translator+ allows timing adjustments to work with any chip.

Extender chips have other features as well but that's the most imortant one.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a performance chip in there already made by Jim Testa.......how would that work if I bought an extender chip?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Ask Jim...most likely you'll be better off with his.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts